11.

"..did you spoke to her.."Nyonika questioned as she extended the cup of coffee in front of Raj. "..what did she say.."

Raj smiled as he could see how excited Nyonioka was "..look at you...all excited and anxious like a teenage girl..I haven't seen you like this for a long..long time."

"To be honest.."she sat down next to him while Raj held her hands as she continued "..even I don't know that myself why am I so excited for all this..but I am too chirpy these days because indeed I am happy.."

Raj shook his head in amusement "..you are happy kyunki tumhare laadle sapoot ki band bajne wali hai..wow you are no less than Mother India who is ready to sacrifice her own son for "greater good" Mrs. Malhotra..Jai ho aapki."

"Well tab toh apko bhi bharat ratna se sammanit karna chahiye Mr.Malhotra..because at the end of the day it was all your dimag ki khurafat..nahi" Nyonika's words were dipped in too much sarcasm which only made Raj chuckled. "..satya vachan.."

"So tell me know..what did she say.."Nyonika asked again to which Raj replied "..she in very plain and simple word told me that our son is a complete moron who doesn't know how to value and respect the dignity of any other person who is not related to him. Not only that from her words it was crystal clear given the opportunity she would happily tear him apart in gazillion pieces and won't even look back while walking away."

"She is totally and completely immune to his looks and doesn't give a sh*t about how many zeroes he has in his bank account. In other words she has no interest in our son for the reason Mr.Manik Malhotra is known for."

"..so in other word she won't be affected by weapons that Manik usually excel in using for overpowering other people.." Nyonika was too impressed "God...she is something else only.."

Raj raised his eyebrows "..in a good way or bad way.." to which she replied "in the best way possible."

"Nyonika.."Raj warned her. "..don't give your hopes into something that might end to disappointing you later..that too big time."

She sighed as Raj continued "She has only agreed to help up in setting our son straight on the right path..that's about it. We can't and we shouldn't expect anything more than that..it won't be fair to her..or to Manik.."

"I know Raj..and I understand.."she smiled meekly "..but is dil ko kaun samjhae.."

"Nyonika.."Raj began to speak but she cut him off "..don't worry Raj...even I know the difference between wish and hard core fact. I am not keeping any hopes that won't be fair to either of them.."

"..if that's the case then why can't I hear the same determination in your voice..why do I smell hope of something which we both know isn't possible.."Raj took no initiative to hold back to his thoughts.  "..you know na that there is a greater chance than Nandini might end up becoming the daughter in law of the Khurrana's..and we know this for sure  that sooner or later Alia would become the bride of Manik..and we need to be happy with the choices that our kids make and be happy in their happiness..then why.."

"To be very honest..I don't know Raj.."Nyonika replied "..I know that the small seed of hope that's been nurturing deep within my heart won't ever blossom into a beautiful reality..but somehow i am not able to shrug this feeling of my mind..no matter how hard I try."

"I have nothing against Alia..in fact I have always seen her like my own child pretty much since she was born..but somehow i never saw her as my son's future. I never said anything because I didn't wanted to be a mother who imposes her own will on her son by emotionally blackmailing him. I was and will always be happy in my son's happiness..but still my motherly instinct are not ready to give in so easily.."

"..especially after everything that's happening. "Nyonika cut him off as he was about to cut her off "..I know that you might call it a coincidence..or my misconception..but somehow my instincts are signalling something else only.."

"I have never seen my son getting affected by the words of a complete stranger..and acting on her words after deeply considering it. Though it might not look too big of a thing now..but one cannot deny that small inconsequential things like this end up changing things in way bigger way than one can possibly imagine..and for my son that change is Nandini."

"Don't worry about anything Raj.."she held his hand and assured him. "I won't do anything ever to hurt my son by snatching away his happiness. If his happiness and future is Alia..I will leave no stone unturned to make sure that Manik and Alia gets all the things that they truly deserve.."

"..however.." Raj knew exactly what she was going to say so he didn't interfere and simply let her speak the words out in the open. "..if by any chance my motherly instinct turns to be correct then I will make sure that nothing and nobody comes in the way of my son's happiness..that's for sure as well."

Raj looked into Nyonioka' s face for a second before he sealed the deal with her. "..and you can be assured that no matter what your decision is..I will always be there to back you up."

Nyonika smiled. "..now that's called a patnivrata pati.."she pulled his cheek making his smile grew wider.

"Maa..Maa.."they both smiled as they heard Manik screaming from downstairs. "..where are you..yaar I am dieing here out of hunger..please Maa jaldi se khana de do..please.."

"..baap par gaya hai.."they both smiled as Nyonika got up only after Raj kissed her hands. "..you too change..and come down..I am going to serve dinner to our Monster."

Raj nodded and smiled as Nyonika left the room.

"Though I know right now this look like a far fetched dream but as the saying goes "..never say never"...so even I hope that even your hope tree end up blossing the life of our son..Nyonika..fingers crossed.."

------------------------------------------------------------------

**Who thinks Raj and Nyonika are couple goals..

..I do🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️

Attraction..is the road that sometimes paves the way for true love..at least that's what I believe..so I hope my readers are ready to see my beliefs via MaNan from the next Chapter.

Hopefully you all will like it.

❤❤**