124.

Nandini looked back at her parents' tomb "Appa-Amma I am sorry to keep you waiting for so long."

"Out of all the things that you should apologize this is what you chose to apologize for." Manik rolled his eyes.

"You only need an excuse to fight with me Manik. Tell me according to you what should I apologize for." Nandini questioned

"For continuously putting your life at risk. For taking your life so casually. For not understanding your worth in our lives."
Nandini was about to say something when Manik's gaze silenced her. "Did you tell Dad that you are still feigning your friendship with Rajveer?"

"Yes, he does." Nandini tried to get off the topic but in vain as Manik added "Did he know that you were planning to accept his love proposal."

Nandini's eyes widened in horror "How do you know this.."

"I am your soul Nandini. You can't do anything without me getting the gory details of the same." Manik reminded her.
"You seriously think I will let you commit the same mistake again that almost cost me your life."

"Fake acceptance Manik." was all she could say in her defence.

"Right. Just like last time. Correct." His eyes were full of venom. "You still haven't answered my question. Does Dad knows about it?"

"You think I would be sitting here if he knew." Nandini tried to lighten the mood "he would chain me down and lock me in the basement till he kills Rajveer and the Chopra's with his bare hand."

"Well, he is my father after all. So we think alike." Nandini was worried now "Manik I wasn't keen on it.."

"Doesn't change the fact that you were considering it." Manik raised his eyebrows.

"Manik I can explain.." Nandini was in a tough spot.

"Try me.." Manik waited. "But I am sure that nothing in the world can convince me about your great plan."

"I will tell you everything but promise me you won't tell Dad about it.." Nandini's words made him smirk "You think you are in a position to bargain."

"Please Manik." Nandini shook him making it extremely difficult for him not to smile.

"Tell me the whole thing and then I will consider. And yes you won't even think to dwell on it. Drop the idea and don't even Dream to do anything this ridiculous anymore. Okay." Manik said pointing in her direction.

"Fine, I will.." Nandini agreed "..but not any word about it to Dad..promise.."

"We will see..now tell me.." Nandini sighed because the confession time was finally here.

------------------------------------------------------------------