82.

Braiding her hair she picked up her dupatta from the bed. She flipped through the files that she needed to take along with herself as she heard the knock at the door. "Come in."

Manik was standing at the threshold. "Are you ready to leave. Did you have the file with you."

She nodded. "Yes. It's right here."

"Can I see it" he questioned to which she replied "No."

"Why not." He frowned. "As it is I will see it next two hours then why not now."

"Because I want you to see this proposal just like you would see any other proposal presented to you by someone who isn't living at your house. Trying to keep this business deal professional here Manik Malhotra and I would appreciate your help on this." She was dead serious about this.

"Why are you being so difficult about this Nandini." He scowled as well. "Your proposal will provide free education and improve standard of living of around 20000 families who are living below the poverty line to begin with. And as your venture will flourish the number of beneficiaries will also increase so why won't you let me help you to be a part of this beautiful thought."

"Because somehow I can see you are getting too emotionally invested in this. Isn't it because of my involvement in it Manik." She questioned him back.

"So what." He argued back. "You are doing such a great job so why can't I support you."

"If anyone else would have approached you with this kind of proposal would you have reacted in the same manner." She was not backing down.

"Absolutely." He replied honestly. "If it was someone else who would be thinking such wonderful thing of helping those poor people I would gladly say yes to it without any condition."

"I know you would." She sighed. "But your stakeholders might not. That's why I want to convince them myself and prove it that you are not being biased or wasting your time in some social service pet project."

Her words finally made him smile. "So you are worried about my reputation. You are worried that what other might say about me if I get involved in this project without asking their views."

"Hallelujah." She shook her head in amusement. "Finally Manik Malhotra is struck by divine enlightenment."

"So you are protecting me." His words made her face red. She looked away as she replied. "Well that's what I am trying to do. I would succeed only if you chose to help me."

She tried to walk past him but holding her wrist he pulled her closer because of which she landed right against his chest. "Manik what are you doing. What is someone see us. What will they think..what.."

He simply cut her off "I don't care what other will do if they see us or what they will think. All I care is what you want Nandini. You want this project to be a success so I will make sure it does. This venture will take off whether the stakeholders are on board or not. You are the mother of my child. You are the Empress of Malhotra Industries. You are the Female Monarch of Malhotra Mansion and most importantly You Are The Queen Of My Existence. Whatever you want is yours."

"You want to protect me and that's the only reason why I will let you take the lead because I have no doubt when it comes to your talent of being a true professional. You can take care of any situation on your own. And I am 200% sure that you will be able to convince them on your own without my involvement in it. I won't budge in and I won't interfere. You have my word."

Leaning in he planted a kiss on her forehead. "As long as you let me stay next to you I will cheer for you and let you cross any threshold that you want to cross. I promise."

She smiled as he left her only to entwine his hand with hers. "Let's go. You can practice your presentation in the car if you want."

She nodded. "Okay."

They reached the car when she suddenly remembered "I forgot my phone in the room."

"You get inside the car and I will get it for you. Where did you kept it." He opened the passenger door for her. She answered "It's on the bedside table." and then she got inside the car.

Manik closed the door and walked inside the house. Opening the door of Aarav's room he went near the bed side table where the phone was easily visible.

He picked it up and was about to leave when a message pinged in. His face turned serious as he opened the message and read it.

"You said you would call. But you still haven't called me. I asked your parents but they didn't tell me anything about your whereabouts. Where are you sweetheart. I hope you are doing fine. And if there is any problem please let me know. I am waiting for you like always.

RV"

Manik knew this wasn't the right time to react to this nonsense so he simply deleted the message and added this number to Auto Reject List.

Then walking out he reached near his car where his wife was waiting for him. She smiled angelicaly at him which only made his decision to win her back way more firm than before.

"Here." He handed the phone to her. "Let's go. It's already late. Would like to read the presentation or would you like to hear some music."

"I have already gone through the points so it's better if I give my mind some break so I will chose the latter option." She pointed toward the music system.

He nodded in agreement. Starting the car he drove it past the mansion and as soon they hit the road he put the music on so that his wife could relax listening to the music while he could relax just by looking at her.

------------------------------------------------------------------

**I was missing Manan and this song pictured on them in Kyy.

So I hope you all would like it.**