46.

"..but how did this happen.."though Shanno was ecstatic her curiosity was growing at a heavily speed with every passing second. Looking at Kishori she questioned "..aur Amma aapne toh kaha tha ki aap Manik ka test lengi..phir aap kaise.."

Before she could finish Kishori replied"..mai kaise maan gai..yahi jaana chahti ho na.."

Shanno nodded her head which made Kishori smile. Looking at the rest of them she asked "..even you all want to know about it right.."

When every one present in the room gave the same response Kishori looked at Manik "..do you want to answer it or should I take the lead.."

"As you say Amms.."Manik replied pointedly  which made Kishori shake her head "..just because you passed the "first test" and got the right to call me "Amms" officially..don't delude into thinking that your troubles are over. You have just crossed the first checkpoint..still a long way to go Mr.Malhotra."

"I know that "Amms"..that I still had to prove myself worthy of Nandini in your eyes. And I know this very well that though you have announced my wedding to your grand daughter to show the world that you approv of me..however you can cancel this wedding even on the last minute if I failed to meet your expectations.."Manik's words made Kishori smile. "..it's a good thing that we are on the same page..things won't get complicated."

"Amma yeh kya ho raha hai.."Shanno voiced the exact words that was going inside the brain of all the people who were present there. "..aap aur Manik yeh sab kya bol rahe hai.."

Finally sensing the curiosity and anxiousness Kishori chose to answer their question. "I was the one who ask Manik to declare his love for Nandini in front of the whole world..that was his first task.."

All the eyes in the room widened as they said unanimously "What"

"Yes.."Manik took over the answering session "..few days back Amms called me and asked to meet her."

**Flashback**

"Is everything okay Guruma.."Manik questioned as soon as he reached the seating section of Mc.Donald where Kishori was waiting for him. "..why do you ask me to come here..of all the places.."

Being a good host Kishori extended the French fries in front of him "..why don't you order something..I am sure you wouldn't have the time to eat your lunch as you couldn't think of anything else as i asked you to meet me here that too all of a sudden..pointing at the fries and vegatable burger she ordered "..have it..because i don't want you to pass out of shock after hearing me out. This food in your stomach will prevent you to get into state of unconsciousness..so have it"

Though Manik had no appetite as his stomach was already full of bugs of anxiousness but still he did as Kishori wanted because he didn't wanted to offend Kishori in any manner.

After finishing the chips and burger he also drank the cola that Kishori brought for him. He felt like a five year old again..however this time he didn't felt the happiness to come to place like Mc.Donald to have his favourite meal..as he felt like a goat who was being feeded before getting it's head chopped.

Finally when he was finish he requested her "Guruma..why am I here.."

"You love my Nandu right.."this time Kishori asked him the question. "..you are really very serious about here..arent you.."
Manik nodded "I have never been so serious about anything or anyone Guruma.."

"..then to you are willing to get involve with her in such a discreet manner..is this the limit of your love that you can't even get married to the girl you love as you are scared of what society might say.."Kishori's question offended him. "..of course not Guruma..I am dying to declare it in front of the world that Nandini is the girl that I want to be with for the rest of my life..i am not scared of any one..don't you know that.."