127.

Manik looked at her. "Then let me add some details as well. After that, we got busy with our wedding preparations. We and our family celebrated our wedding rituals with full pomp and show. But on our wedding day because of my sheer stupidity, reckless and stubborn attitude, you were forced to come out. We were so lost in our world that we completely overlook the messages send to us by our lawyers, and police officials that Rajveer had managed to escape. He not only hit you with the car but we  almost lost our child that day that I had no idea about."

Nandini's eyes were tearing up as tears were streaming down Manik's eyes as he reminded her of that fateful day. "I took you to hospital dying zillion death every second. Then I came to know that not only was I going to become a father but I also had to make the difficult choice of choosing our child over you because you made me promise that. Dad took you away from me cutting all ties with him. You became a mother but couldn't embrace motherhood because of your condition. I became a father and took Aarav away from you. You gained consciousness then you stayed away from us because once again that Rajveer came between us. And now again you are thinking to repeat that same stupid mistake all over again."

"Seriously Nandini. Don't you pity me a little? Why do you hate me so much? Can't you empathize with me just a little by understanding the simple fact that I will die if I lose you even for a fraction of a second this time? Why are you heartless Nandini? Why?"

Manik got down on his feet and went inside the Columbarium. Nandini followed him silently. Folding their hands they paid respect to them and asked for their blessings.

Manik didn't say anything as he got inside the car. Nandini too got inside the car.

They drove away from there in silence because Nandini knew that the storm was about to hit the horizon.

------------------------------------------------------------------