123.

Manik was holding on to her. "Do you even have the slightest idea what I was going through when I was begging you not to close your eyes just to keep you conscious? I was dying every second Nandini with the fear that you might slip away from me forever. I wasn't even aware of time, day or even second. All I was worried that I wanted you to be safe and sound."

"Do you remember what was the last word you said to me before you close your eyes.."Manik's question was instantly answered by Nandini "..I love you Manik"

"Yes...I love you.."Manik kissed her lips "..do you even know how many nights these words have haunted me thinking that it could be all you would have said to me as your last word? Do you know how much insecure I still get knowing how close I got to losing you?"

"I am still here Manik.." Nandini tried to console him but in vain.

Manik snorted "..yes..because AIYAPPA was kind enough to send you back to me. Amma-Appa protected you and Aarav back then." Manik gritted his teeth "You were pregnant with Aarav Nandini...still how could you choose me."

"I didn't choose you over my child Manik. I had full faith in AIYAPPA. I knew he would keep my child safe. But God forbid if anything would have happened to you that day I would have died with you Manik because I simply can't live in a world where you don't exist." She held his hand "I knew you would protect me. You would never let me die. And I knew you would always find me. That's why I did the obvious Manik--I protected you. Because I knew I would protect my child at any cost because AIYAPPA was with me. And see it all worked out finally.."

Nandini knew her words weren't enough "..Manik..you and Aarav are my Everything. And I would never allow anyone to hurt you. EVER."

"The same goes here as well Nandini." Manik said in a firm tone "But I will never let you repeat your stupidity anymore. You are never allowed to leave me. Never. Again."

"You are my wife Nandini. You are the mother of my son. You are my first love and you are the reason for my existence. My life is incomplete without you. If you die then I die with you. Period." Manik declared.

"I know." Nandini hugged him. "I hope you know this too."

"Trust me. Now I do." Manik simply hugged her back.

------------------------------------------------------------------