126.

Nandini held Manik's hand. "I only vaguely remember a few things Manik. I don't remember the specifics details about anything when it comes to our wedding preparation five years back."

Manik kissed her forehead "Don't worry Mrs Nandini Manik Malhotra I remember everything. And once this mess with Chopra's gets over with I will help you relieve those moments all over again."

"Including Sex too." Nandini's words made Manik smile."Of course..that too as it was a very important part of the entire process."

"Yes..and I am your legally wed wife so we can do that pretty often now too right." Manik knew where Nandini was leading him.

"Nice try Mrs Malhotra." His smile was crooked. "But don't you dare try to change the subject. I am still waiting. Tell me everything now."

Finally, Nandini gave in.

"Fine." She shook her head as she try to put her emotions into words. "Right after our family decided with the whole ceremony of our wedding we were about to get married in a short time. But we couldn't go through with it because the dates of the court hearing were announced during that time only."

"Yeah..we had to postpone our wedding for two weeks.". Manik replied.

"And that gave enough time to Chopra's and Rajveer to make their move" Nandini lied back on the bonnet looking up at the stars. "That we came back from court hearing as we had a week to proof that Chopra's stole my Appa's life work. We were worried. After all, we didn't know what exactly we could have done in that scenario because we were lacking that one piece of solid evidence. We did have enough documentation and evidence to put the Chopra's through another 20 years of court cases but that wasn't enough for me as I wanted to finish the chapter once and for all."

"Yeah, I remember." Manik was annoyed now. "That's why you wholeheartedly accepted to meet Rajveer giving him a chance to blackmail you."

"Correction" Nandini interrupted "He only thought he was blackmailing me."

"Oh yes..and with that, you simply want to forget what followed after that." Manik's facial expression turns grim.

"Fine. Go ahead. Fight with me. That's what you are best at." Nandini snorted.

"I know what I am best at and so do you." Manik's innuendo turned Nandini's face red. "Shut up Manik. Behave. Appa-Amma is here."

"Oh..so they weren't there when you were asking for Sex." Manik reminded her.

"I was trying to distract you. That's it." Nandini bit her lips and looked away making Manik smile.

"Whatever." He lay next to her too.

"We both know what happened after that. I pretended to agree to his condition. We even stage a drama of me walking out of your life. Then we made him believe that I signed the divorce paper. He brought me here and he was caught by police." Nandini tried to brush it off lightly but she knew that Manik was waiting for something more.

------------------------------------------------------------------