101.

{Thank you for your support and cooperation guys. Hope this chapter will be worth the time of my readers.

Happy reading ❤❤}

She could feel him getting stiffened just by hearing her words. And in that moment she knew that her words immediately brought back all the bad memories that he went through while she was in the state of comatose all those years back. Her heart just shattered into pieces just by imagining the pain he must have experienced being all alone in those dreadful times.

"Manik...it's okay if you don't want to.." but before she could finish her words she felt his around her waist pulling her closer towards his chest. The reason for his actions were clear to her. He needed to believe that he wasn't dreaming and she was there for real while he would tell her everything that he underwent in her absence.

Taking a deep breath he tucked her under his chin while he engulfed her into his protective embrace. Kissing the top of her hair he closed his eyes and finally breathed out as he begin to narrate those nightmarish moments all over again.

**Flashback**

They were all present in the room when he finally said the words out loud. "Nandini is pregnant Maa-Dad. Nandini and I are going to become parent soon."

"What.." both Raj and Nyonika spoke in unison as they couldn't believe their ears.

Manik nodded as he replied without a change in his facial expression "Yes Maa-Dad. It's true."

Raj was too elated for the moment but the very next moment realization hit him. "But this isn't the actual news that you wanted to share with us. Isn't it."

That's when Manik's face crumbled but he kept his emotions at bay. "No it isn't.."

"Manik what happened." Nyonika was too scared now. "What is it.."

"Doctors said that the fetus isn't compatible with Nandini's body. It might be dangerous for her if she continues with this pregnancy in this condition of comatose. We could lose her forever if this pregnancy continues." And they all knew how devastated Manik was when he finally said the words that no one wished to hear "..and that's why Doctor asked me to make a decision between the life of my wife and my unborn child."

"What nonsense is this..." Raj was outraged. "How can they say something so disgusting. How can they make you chose between your child and wife. This is ridiculous. Don't worry Manik. We will get the best doctors of the world on board. And we will protect them both. I will sue these Doctors and hospitals. How dare they asked my son to chose between the life of my daughter and grandchild."

That's when Kishori stepped in. "It's too late for that Raj. We are running out of time. With every passing second we are only making it difficult for Nandini. Decision has to be made now and that's why I asked all four of you to come here because Manik has made the choice."

"What.." Raj looked at Manik. "What decision.." then he looked back at Kishori "what are you talking about Amma."

"We have to make a choice Raj and only Manik has the right to take that decision because he is her husband." Kishori's words  and Manik's facial expressions needed no further explanation as all four of them instantly realised Manik's unspoken decision.

"No..you can't.." Raj was shocked and raged out. "You can't do this to my daughter. You cannot put her life in danger. Did you get it. I won't let you."

Kishori tried to speak "Raj beta..it's not like that..Manik.." but before she could continue Raj's anger got directed at her. "What is this nonsense are you talking about Amma. I can clearly see that Manik had made his choice. He is going to keep this baby." Manik's eyes teared up as Raj said the words out loud that were not less than his worst nightmare coming alive "..he is going to get my daughter killed. And you are saying it's not like that."