118.

**Five years ago**

He was about to pounce on her when all of a sudden he was thrown in the opposite direction with a sudden jerk. Before he could realise what was happening he felt one after another kicks and punches on his body.

He knew he was bleeding everywhere because he was lynched by a group of people who were not in any mood to show any mercy on him.

From the corner of his eyes, he could see his so-called family standing at the corner of the arena. Except for his mother who was pleading (begging will be a more appropriate word) for them to stop his father and sister had nothing to express anymore.

That's when he realised that whatever Nandini told him just a couple of moments ago was the ultimate truth.

Nandini wasn't NANDINI MURTHY anymore.

She was now MRS NANDINI MANIK MALHOTRA.

Manik and Nandini didn't go on vacation. They were sent away so that they could return as MR AND MRS MALHOTRA.

All his planning and all the hard work of his family of so many years went in vain because once again MALHOTRA AND MURTHY'S were one step ahead of them.

He fell to the ground when the cops came in and took his family away. He too was picked up by cops and was on the verge of losing consciousness when he saw Manik hugging Nandini.

Even in that state, his eyes weren't ready to leave them.

"You okay..tumhe kahi lagi toh nahi.." Manik was looking for any sign of injury on her. "I am fine Manik." she hugged him "I have never been better.."

Manik's facial expression changed in an instant when he realised that she was perfectly fine. He kissed the top of his forehead "I am never letting you out of my sight again.NEVER."

"We did it Manik. We Won.." her face was shining with happiness. "Our plan worked. We did it."

Nandini's words were like the last nail in the coffin for him as he realised that Nandini walking out of Manik's life was nothing more than a PRETENCE.

Not only did Malhotra's even Nandini make a fool out of him. She used his weakness against him and knocked him off his feet.

She lied to him.

It was all her plan.

His plan of taking Nandini away from Manik failed.

She never left him.

Even his threats and blackmail technique didn't work on her. Unlike her parents, Nandini wasn't someone to get scared of.

He knew that Manik and Nandini shared physical intimacy. Though he hates the idea of her getting anywhere close to Manik but then too his obsession for her was way past this thing. Since he had slept with hundreds of girls himself he couldn't hold it against Nandini.

But today he realised that Manik and Nandini's intimacy wasn't only limited to that as it goes way beyond that. They share emotional and intellectual intimacy and soul-to-soul connection between them.

They weren't playing around unlike his assumptions. They were way more serious about each other than he could imagine.

And he hated this fact from the bottom of his heart.