39.

"..i cannot believe this.."Kishori was fuming with anger. "..how can I make such a grave mistake.." she shook her head in disbelieve.

"Its not your fault Amma.."Venkatesh patted her hand. "..even we didn't knew about it."

"Murthy Ji bilkul sahi kah rahe hai Amma" Shanno sat next to her "..woh toh babaji ki mehar hai ki sahi waqt rahte sab kuch pata chal gaya warna zara sochiye agar yahi baat hamey baad me pata chalti toh kitni der ho jati.."

This time Raj intervene "..Amma we know that it might be difficult for you to believe us but trust me Aryaman, Alia and their mother are not at fault..in fact Aryaman is one of the most trustworthy and a very sincere guy. If we would have a daughter we wouldn't have to think twice before getting her married to Aryaman as he isn't anything like his father."

"And amma.."Nyonika too added. "..we have seen Alia growing up right in front of our eyes. She is one of the most loyal and kind hearted girl I have come across. It wont be wrong to say she takes on her mother. All three of them had suffer so much because of Vikram..but today they are doing everything to cut him off their lives."

"They should." Kishori's rage was palpable on her face. "..a person like Vikram should be taught lesson. Just because he is born with man parts that doesn't make him a true man. Respecting his woman, caring and nurturing his kids and protecting them would have marked him as a man. But he had failed to prove himself on every step. I am deeply thankful to Aiyapaa that he saved my Nandu from all this mess. Though I stand with Aryaman and his family against his father but I totally agree with your point that both Nandini and Aryaman shouldn't be forced into this relationship as it would not only ruin their lives and friendship but will also destroy two other family involved with them."

"However this doesn't mean that I will agree to get my Nandini wed to your son as well."
Kishori's words shocked everyone in the room but before anyone could say anything she continued "..i know you all are shocked to hear my decision but before you all begin to say anything to change my mind let me finish."

When no one said anything Kishori spoke again "..Raj beta I believe every word that you and Nyonika just said about Manik and Nandini's relationship..and I also know that you two will take care of Nandini just like your own daughter..but the one thing that I am not sure about is your son..Manik."

"I get this..that he did all that drama to protect Alia and Dhruv's relationship and i also believe that he had never had any other relationship with anyone else..but beta pavitra toh Sita maiyaa bhi thi..par phir bhi unhe agni pareeksha deni padhi thi..toh why should Manik be let off the hook just because he is a guy.."

"..unfortunately we live in a society where women are accused even for the wrong doing of the others..rapists get married and get accepted as society believe ki "ladkey hai ..galati ho jati hai.." wherever a raped victim has to face the wrath of the society and system over and over again just to prove that they were done wrong..and what's their fault that fall prey to these predators."

"..my Nandini will be called a relationship wrecker as your son had managed to convince this society that he and Alia was in a committed and stable relationship that was ruined by the arrival of my Nandu.."

"..and going by Vikram's character he will target my Nandu and would do everything to ruin her life by either physically harming her or wrecking her reputation and dignity because he will clearly blame Nandini to ruin his plan of becoming a major stakeholder in Malhotra Industries..and of course this society won't even think twice before destroying my Nandini's image as she is a woman at the end of the day..a soft target...since those people cannot dare to speak against Malhotra's and Khurrana's who are financially way too stronger, powerful and influential than Murthy's.."