138.

"If Aarav would have been your son..would you have still left him like this.."

"..the fact is that he doesn't mean anything to you. For you, he is more like a liability."

"Your attitude toward him is exactly like how a stepmother would act with her stepson.."

His voice was ringing inside her head as she looked straight into his eyes.

He didn't say anything rather he continued to look at her with unfathomable emotions.

She turned to walk away but before she could take more than 2 steps she spun around and she landed against his chest in no time.

"What the hell do you think you are doing.." she tried to push him back but he was too strong for her. "Stopping you from leaving.." he finally spoke.

"And why should you do that.." she couldn't take it anymore. "..why are you stopping someone who treats your son like her stepson...what kind of father does that make you.."

Though she tried not to show it her words were a clear indication that she was hurt beyond measure because of his words. "I am sorry Nandini. I didn't mean any of that. I was just.." however before she cut him off in between before he could even finish. "Save your apology for someone interested. I have had enough of your nonsense." Finally, she managed to push him back "..go and get intimate with someone else who won't treat your son so badly that he will end up in hospital. Don't waste your time on someone like me who doesn't even know how to be a mother, to begin with."

Manik so wanted to kill himself for even saying those words that were sheer nonsense. He knew he had committed a big mistake and he shouldn't be even asking for forgiveness. But he also knew he was too selfish and this time he won't survive if Nandini left him again. However, he didn't know how to rectify his mistake.

"Just let me go Mr Manik Malhotra. Sanaya would be waiting for you inside..go to her..and stop wasting my time. And don't worry about me. I won't bother you by meeting Aarav again as I am leaving India forever this time." His face lost all colour as she continued ".I just came to meet Aarav one last time before leaving for the airport. My flight is in 2 hours. I didn't want to bump into you but I guess even Destiny wants me to bid got farewell one last time as well. So here's my goodbye, Mr Malhotra. Hope we never cross paths again."

He choked in fear as she turned to walk away and as a reflex action he caught her hand once again and pushed her across the wall he caught both her hand into his and whispered "Destiny wants Manik and Nandini to become Manan all over again Nandini..and that's why I will never let you walk away from me again ever.."

..and before she could even reply he silenced her by placing his lips against her.

Nandini pushed him back. "Get off me Manik."

"I am sorry Nandini. I didn't mean.." but before he could say something Nandini cut him off "Save your apologies for someone else. I am not interested anymore."

"Nandini please.." Manik was about to beg when Nandini said something that pierced his heart into gazillion pieces. "How many times are you going to fail me Manik? How many times will you be the cause of trouble in my life? Haven't you had enough? Do you seriously want to torture me? Won't you stop till you succeed in killing me?"

Manik froze in his place.

"I am done for good Manik. Let me be now. I am walking away this time. And no I won't come back to you this time. I won't come back to you ever."

Manik began to panic "No...No...you can't say this Nandini. You promised..remember. You promised you will always come back to me. You can't break that promise..ever."

"Like I said...I don't care anymore. I am done with you Manik. This time forever."
Nandini pushed him backwards and walks away from him.

Manik's feet were frozen to the ground. He wasn't able to move. He wanted to stop Nandini but he wasn't able to do that.
"Nandini stop...Nandini..please don't leave me...Nandini.." he finally started screaming as Nandini slowly dissipated like a puff of air in front of him.

"NANDINI...NANDINI...NANDINI..." he was screaming at the top of his lungs.

However, at a distance, he could hear a familiar voice

"Manik...Manik...Manik.."

"Help me stop Nandini..please...don't let her go..please.." he pleaded.

"I am right here Manik...come back to me." He realised it was Nandini's voice.

Someone was moving against him as the voice of Nandini got loud and clear "Manik..get up...I am right here...Manik.."

And the next moment Manik opened his eyes only to find an anxious Nandini hovering over him.

"Manik..you okay.."

Manik looked around only to find himself on the bed of the Pentium Suite of the Hotel that he and Nandini has booked for the night.

He was drenched in sweat and was confused for a moment.

"You okay Sweetheart.." Nandini was caressing his face.

Manik once again looked around and that's when reality hit him that he was dreaming.

Nandini never left him.

She was still with him.

He looked back at her only to find her looking back at him with anxious eyes.
"Manik..what's wrong..you okay.."

But before she could ask anything he turned and got her beneath him.

"Manik..you.." this time Manik cut her off.
"You will never leave me Nandini. You can never walk away from me...because I won't let you..ever.."

And next thing she knew was Manik mauling her lips like a ravaged animal while holding her body beneath him.

------------------------------------------------------------------