90.

**In the loving Memory of Sushant Singh Rajput..who won't live in our hearts because HE IS OUR HEART❤❤**

They both were in his car as they waited for the school gates to open. She was too excited as she knew that the moment Aarav will see her with his father he will be really surprised. And he was happy because she was smiling with excitement.

"I can't wait for him to see me." She chirped happily. "I can only imagine how shocked he will be too see me here with you."

"He won't be shocked Nandini" his word caught her attention "..rather he will be ecstatic."

"What do you mean." She frowned. "Why won't he be surprised to see me here."

"Because he had waited for you to come to him pretty much the moment he was born." Manik blurted out without thinking which not only shocked her but it stumped him as well. "What.." she asked.

Internally cursing himself for the brain to mouth malfunction and creating a mess of the situation he tried to play it cool. "He loves you as his mother Nandini. Don't you know that."

Nandini's expression changed instantly taking advantage of which he turned his mistake into a candid confession "He had waited for his mother for five years Nandini. And when finally you are here its equivalent to being one of his dream being fulfilled. How do you behave when a dream that you have waited so long to come true gets fulfill one day. Do you get shocked or do you get ecstatic. Bolo Nandini."

"Hmm..I guess you are right." He sighed internally in relief and muttered to himself "Nice Save Manik. Nice Save."

"But won't her mother feel bad that I have taken her place in her son's life." Nandini questioned. "And that's exactly what I have been trying to ask you as well Manik."

Manik turn silent as he wanted her to speak her mind.

"He hasn't seen his mother. But he loves his mother to death. You haven't seen your wife in 5 years but you love her more than your existence. So where do I fit into all this Manik." Nandini repeated the question that she had asked him before also.

"What am I doing here. Why am I here. I am not Aarav's mother. I am not your wife. You only said your wife is alive. You love her unconditionally than where do I stand in all of this Manik. What the hell am I doing here with you and your family."

"Why do you treat me like as if I am your life partner. Why do Aarav treat me like as is I am his birth mother. Why your friends and family treat me as if they know me for decades when in reality I am none of the above."

"I am not your lover. I am not your wife. I am not Aarav's mother. I am not part of your family. And these are facts."

"Then why the hell am I here Manik. What am I doing here."

She was on the verge of breaking down that's why he chose to keep quiet because he knew she still had loads to say.

"I am not your wife's replacement Manik. I am not Aarav's mother replacement. I am definitely not the replacement for her. I refuse to be that if that's what you want me to be."

"I am Nandini Malhotra. Sirf Nandini Malhotra. Nothing else."

She looked back expecting him to say something but all he did was to held her hands in his and say. "Yes you are Nandini Malhotra. Sirf Nandini Malhotra. And you will always be that. Sirf Nandini."