66 (PART TWO)

**FLASHBACK**

Like any other day she was playing with her Appa's telescope. Though it was daytime but still she was smart enough to know that the stars were still there even if it was hidden behind the brightness of sun.

"Kanna...where are you.." she smiled as she heard her Amms voice. "I am here Amms.." she replied.

And the next moment she saw her Amms entering the room.

But unlike other days her Amms wasn't smiling at all. Rather it was grim and flushed.

"Amms..what happened.." she didn't knew what was wrong with her. She thought she was in trouble as she was playing with her Appa's telescope. So she thought of apologizing quickly in order to prevent herself from getting into any trouble. "Amms..I wasn't doing anything. Promise. I was only here for 2 minutes only. I didn't touch anything..Promise Amms.."

But instead of saying anything to her Kishori simply took Nandini in her embrace. "I promise Amms..I didn't do anything wrong.."

"I know Kanna.." she hugged Nandini too tightly "..and neither did your Amma-Appa.."

"Amma-Appa" she frowned as she had no idea what Kishori was talking about.

"Your Amma-Appa loved you the most Kanna..never forget that okay.." her Amms voice was more like a pleading.

"I know...they love me the most.." she smiled as she looked back into her Amms eyes. "And I love them too..but not more than you..Amms..you are my favorite.."

But instead of smiling her Amms finally broke into tears and she begin crying holding Nandini into her embrace once again.

This time Nandini was shocked. "Amms..why are you crying..Don't cry. You know na Amma-Appa doesn't like when you cry. What will I say to them when they return and will see you crying like this. They will think I did something wrong that made you so sad. Please don't cry Amms. Even I don't like your tears..and Amma-Appa would get angry.."

But Kishori's tears didn't stopped. Rather she cried and cried and cried while all Nandini could do was to pat her back and comfort her by requesting her not to cry.

"Amma-Appa will be here in couple of days Amms.." Nandini soothed her Grandmother.

She remembered how her parents hugged her today before leaving. They had to go back to U.S. for some urgent work so they left her with her grandmother. Actually this plan was made all of a sudden because initially they had some other plan for the day.

Today they were going to take Nandini somewhere. When she asked where. Her mother said it was a Surprise for her. But her parents was sure she would love it. And she trusted her parents so she quickly got ready but by the time she was over with her breakfast and got downstairs to leave with them she found them packing things in hurry.

When she asked them about the Surprise she was told by her Appa that they had to postpone their trip because of something urgent. They had to finish that work first and then once they return they will took her to that place and they will all spend time together.

Though she was little disappointed but she knew that her Amma-Appa always kept their promise so she simply nodded as they saw her parents packing stuff and looking at her every now and then.

Once everything was packed her mother and father took her to Kishori and asked her to be a good girl in their absence and listen to Amms every word.

She nodded and smiled her angelic smile. And that's when her Amma hugged her and burst into tears as she whispered "Amma-Appa loves you the most Nandu. You will always be our most special and beautiful priceless possession. We are so proud and glad that you blessed us with your presence our little angel."

Her mother looked beautiful even when her eyes were filled with tears. She kissed Nandini's forehead and blessed her "I wish we had more time."

She didn't understood what her Amma meant. "Of course we will have more time Amma. Once you and Appa comes back we will go for picnic and will spend more time together.."

"We will Nandu.." this time her Appa spoke. "We will always be with you. In your heart and our blessing will always protect you no matter what."

He kissed her forehead too. "You are born for greatness baby girl. And you will get your Prince Charming too who will give you all the happiness in the world. You will always be happy. Always keep smiling like this and fight like a warrior only to emerge as a winner in every situation. Because you are the best Princess. And we both love you. Always. And Forever."

She hugged her Appa. "I love you too Appa. You and Amma are my favorite. But i love Amms just a little more."

They all smiled at her but somehow their gaze was different this time and she was too young to understand that.

Soon her parents left leaving her with Kishori.

And now her Amms was crying inconsolably.

She didn't know the reason as to why her strong was crying like this.

She didn't knew what to do except hold her and try to calm her down by gently patting and caressing her back.

"Amma..someone has come to meet you.." Rama bhaiya said when he saw Amms like this with her.

And instantly something changed in Kishori's mind. She wiped her tears away and nodded as she got back to her feet. "Pack Nandini's stuff along with mine and yours..we are leaving for Managolre tonight."

Rama nodded and left while Kishori turned to look back at Nandini. "Kanna..you stay here only. I will be back and then we will leave for Mangalore tonight. You wanted to meet my students na."

Nandini nodded excitedly. "Yes Amms.."

"Fine then. " she kissed Nandini's knuckles. "Stay and play with your Appa's telescope. Come out only when I call you okay.."
Kishori instructed to which she willingly approved.

Leaving her behind Kishori walked out of the room closing the door behind her while Nandini got back to playing with her Appa's telescope...

...without knowing that this was the last time she would see it.

------------------------------------------------------------------