37.

"..are you kidding me.." Nandini looked back at him. "..why did you bring me here.." Confusion was clearly visible on her face. "..don't tell me you are going to propose me here..in this cafeteria..at the very same place where I literally brought you on your knee..though unwillingly..but still."

"Please don't tell me you are going to say "ki look Nandini..how we have managed to come full circle..from that time to this where I am going down on my knee to propose you at my own will"..matlab seriously Manik..can't you do anything or think of anything better."she was clearly unimpressed but of course rather than getting annoyed or heartbroken Manik was smiling like a fool.

"Who said I am going to propose you."he asked slyly to which Nandini replied "..toh tum kya mujhe yaha ganne (sugarcane) katne laye ho."

"Nahi.."he shook his head and smiling to himself he sat on one of the chair of the empty cafeteria that Manik had booked for few hours. "..actually I have brought you here because I have some important confession to make."

Finally his words caught her attention "..Confession.."she titled her head and raising her eyebrow asked "..what..are you not a "Virgin"..bolo." though Manik smiled but this time his eyes wasn't touching his eyes which didn't went unnoticed by Nandini. "What is it Manik.."

He could sense from her tone that she was genuinely worried about him so without wasting another moment he replied. "..since we both are about to begin a new chapter in our lives together..it's important that you should know not only just about my big secrets but also about every important detail of my life..no matter how small that might be."

"Wait a second.."her eyes widened in shock "..there's more."She shook her head in disbelief "..and now what.."she sat in front of him "..ab please don't tell me that you are secretly married to someone else.."

"..not yet.."his worded only made her face turn pale. "..but I sort of promised someone that I will marry her and her only."

"..then what are you doing here with me.."her face turned red in anger this time "..go to her..make good of your promise..get married to her..and have kids and all..why are you wasting my time then.."she got up and was about to leave when Manik held her hand and made her sat next to him.

"..at least let me finish Nandini.."his voice was serious but that only made her even more furious. "..I don't want to hear anything..let me go.."

"Listen to me once and then if you decide that you want to walk out of here as well from my life I promise I won't stop you" though his grip over her hand loosened but still his hold was firm enough for her to break away from him.

When she didn't say anything he continued "..there is a reason that I agreed to become part of this drama in order to conceal Alia and Dhruv's relationship..it wasn't simply out of my loyality as a friend that I chose to help them but I chose to go ahead with it as I knew that if the world knew that what a loyal and committed boyfriend I was toward Alia..I won't be asked or forced to get into any other unwanted relationship."

She frowned. "..what do you mean by that."

"It's simple Nandini."this time he left her hand because he knew she won't leave him. "..I did all this so that I could keep a promise that I made to someone ages ago."

This time Nandini's expression changed as well however this time her changed expression made him smile "..a promise that i will only love her..and will marry her..and her only..when I grew up."

Nandini wanted to look away but this time she couldn't as her gaze was entrapped by his mesmerising gaze while he continued "..i know she must be very mad as I didn't kept my side of bargain to some level as I was also supposed to look for her once i grow up..but unfortunately I couldn't."

"..not because I forgot about her..but mainly because I didn't thought that she would actually be waiting for me for so many years."

"..to be honest I was scared Nandini.."

"..many times I tried and made up my mind to get to her but every single time this fear used to stop me from proceeding forward that what if she had moved on with her life and found someone else..how will I live then
.."

"..I won't lie Nandini..it used to give me many sleepless night. Most of the time I used to think..how would I deal with the situation where I would see her with someone else..and trust me Nandini..I used to writhe in agony just mere by the thought of it."

Nandini's eyes were brimming with tears when she finally questioned him. "..how could you know she moved on..how can you be so delusional."

"I am guilty."he wiped her tears away. "..and now I know why she didn't came to me to remind me..and it's all my fault. I can't even imagine how hard it must have been for her when she would have found out that I was dating Alia. She must have felt so betrayed and so heart broken..I can't even imagine.."

"She was.."her voice turn hoarse. "..though she tried her best not to think about it and tried everything in her power to forget you..but she couldn't.."

He rested his forhead against her. "..thank god for that.."

------------------------------------------------------------------