Chapter 49

Rowan crosses the room and gently nudges Aaron's shoulder. He watches as Aaron slowly opens his eyes and then glances down at Aph curled up against him.

Taking a deep breath and slowly releasing it he looks at Rowan, "I thought it was all a dream. How could I have forgotten her?"

Rowan shrugs, "You all went through a lot on that Cannon kid. You knew the risks but you did what you had to do. The important thing is that you do remember now. How are you feeling?"

Aaron smiles, "This is the best I've felt in a long time. My vision is still blurry when looking at something farther away than say a dozen feet but up close it's clear enough."

Aph stirs next to him and he looks down to see her frowning at him. She reaches up to touch his temple and before he realizes what she's doing her eyes turn white and the back of his begin to feel pleasantly warm, "I can help with that."

Every person in the watch as Aph uses healing magic on Aaron. The only ones who knew about her ability were Aaron, Lucinda, Zane, and Kawaii~Chan so for everyone to witness it is a shock.

Kim places her hand on her chest but the gasp that comes out is clearly Emmeline, "That sounded a lot like Lord Aphmau! When she first came to Phoenix Drop Village, she said she was there to help. There was no job she wouldn't do. Every time someone would say they needed something she would say "I could help with that" but those eyes and the magic, that was clearly Irene."

Aph's eyes widen as she drops her hand to her side and tears burn at the back of her eyes. She did not plan that and to know it happened so easily worries her. She tries to play it off but it isn't easy, "Looks like the secret's out."

Everyone starts talking at once and the noise gets so loud Aph turns her head into Aaron's chest trying to hide. He can hear her heartbeat speeding up and he can't help but worry for her. "Enough! You all need to calm down! Aph will explain when she's ready and no one here will bother her until she is. I know you want answers but back off."

The room grows silent as they watch Aph curl into Aaron. You can tell each of them wants to start talking again but are afraid to cross Aaron.

Rowan clears his throat and turns for the kitchen, "Alright people, give her some space. For now, let's eat."