Chapter 94

Their happiness dims a little as they both think back on the hell they went through and their smiles slip. They glance back at each other and with a soft sigh nod in agreement.

When the restaurant finally came into view Aph was relieved. She was starting to get really tired and was afraid she wouldn't be able to go much further.

Aaron hears Aph whisper thank goodness under her breath and nudges her. "Is everything alright?"

Aph blushes and hates to admit her weakness but she swore she wouldn't hide these things from him. "I was starting to worry a little. I'm getting really tired."

Aaron's eyes widen and he swears under his breath. "Aph I'm so sorry. This is much further than the Cafe' and I wasn't thinking."

Aph offers him a small smile, "It's alright Aaron. It doesn't hurt to test my limits and see if I can push beyond them. I probably wouldn't be as tired as I am if we hadn't, well you know."

Aaron blushes and ducks his head as Melissa glances his way, "Yeah that wasn't thought out either. Tell you what, I'll carry you home."

Aph shakes her head, "Aaron the house is way too far away for you to be carrying me. I'll be alright."

The light in Aaron's eyes dims as he thinks back on the last time he had to carry her farther than just room to room. He had thought he'd lost her forever that night. "I'd carry you to the ends of the Earth if I had to."

Somehow Aph knows what he's thinking and her mind follows him. She doesn't remember much about that trip back from the cave but she does know he ran the whole way. "You know I didn't want to leave you, right?"

Aaron shakes his head to clear it and nods. He opens his mouth to speak but is interrupted when Zane steps away from the restaurant's entrance and waves them down. "Sylvana managed to get us a private room for Aph's story. I don't know how she did it but she did."

Aph flinches and glances at Aaron, "Do you think I should be talking about this stuff in public?"

Aaron growls under his voice, "I should have made sure Melissa knew what kind of story it was. You don't have to tell them anything while we're here. They'll understand."

Aph nods and softly sighs, "We'll see how it goes."