Chapter 189

Everyone stood in a small room.... Maddy and Sam stood near the door that was gonna lead them to Karil.

"Alright! We should head in there," Sam said.

Maddy nodded.

"Better hurry up! You've got ten minutes," John replied.

Maddy went to open the door....but stopped when she head a click, she turned her head and saw that John handcuffed Zemo.

"Really?" Maddy asked.

"Hurry! Because soon we're gonna be doing things my way," John smirked.

"Aggressive! But I get it," Zemo sighed.

Maddy and Sam disappeared behind the door.... and started looking for Karil. They turned a corner and saw Karli with her followers.... She looked at them both for a second before continuing her speech.

Sam turned towards Maddy....

"Maddy, if things go south.... I need you to sit out," Sam said.

"Why?" Maddy asked.

"Because one: I don't want Steve to come back from vacation and find out that I got you seriously hurt.... or worse, killed his niece. And two: I don't wanna have to deal with Bucky, again," Sam sighed.

"Sam, nothing will happen! We are just here to talk to her," Maddy smiled.

"Please, just promise me," Sam begged.

Maddy looked away and quietly groaned, but gave in.... seeing as he was right.

"Fine," Maddy said.

                            ******

After a few moments the funeral was over.... Karli and her followers quickly said goodbye to their beloved friend. After they said goodbye.... the followers disappeared, leaving Maddy, Sam and Karli alone.

"I saw you both standing there, what do you want?" Karli asked.

"We came alone.... We just wanna talk," Maddy sighed.

"Bold of you.... the both of you," Karli smirked.

"I'm sorry for your loss," Sam said.

"Don't condescend me. I'm not a child," Karli snapped.

"I'm not condescending. I know what it feels like to lose someone," Sam sighed.

Karli looked over at Maddy.... who just nodded.

"Believe me," Sam replied.

"No you don't! Not like this," Karli frowned.

"It doesn't have to be a war, Karli," Maddy said.

"They started a war! They kicked us out of our homes and threw us on the streets. People all around the world need me! Millions of them," Karli replied.

"Right! Look, I can't speak for millions, but I understand you.... We both do," Sam sighed.

"We understand your frustration. We understand your helplessness," Maddy said.

"So, you both want me to stop because people are getting hurt, right? Sam, Maddy.... What if I'm making the world a better place? Karli asked.

"It's not a better place of your killing people," Maddy replied.

"You're either brilliant or just hopelessly optimistic," Sam sighed.

"Why can't I just be both?" Karli asked.

"Sadly no," Maddy sighed.

"This guy we know, who knows more about Super Soldier than anyone else on this planet.... besides Maddy, well he says you're a supremacist," Sam said.

"Me?" Karli asked, looking quite disappointed.

"Yeah," Maddy replied.

"That's ridiculous, everything I do is to end supremacy " Karli frowned.

Sam and Maddy exchanged a look.

"These corporations and the beasts who run them, they're the supremacists," Karli said.

"So let me ask you.... You still have more serum, right?" Maddy asked.

"So?" Karli questioned.

"Are you going to increase your army? Because you are killing innocent people," Maddy replied.

"They're not innocent," Karli frowned.

Maddy could tell she was hitting a nerve.

"They're roadblocks in my journey and I'd kill them again, if I had to," Karli smirked.

"Wow," Sam sighed.

"No! No! I didn't mean it like that. You both just tricked me into sounding like I'm a murder," Karli said.

"Karli we aren't your enemy. We agree with your fight.... Just not how you are handling it," Maddy sighed.

Suddenly John busted into the room....

"KARLI MORGENTHAU, YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!" John ordered.

Karli took a step back looking hurt...

"So, this is what that was?" Karli asked.

"No, Karli wait!" Maddy begged.

"Tricking me until your backup arrived?" Karli asked.

"Backup? Who him? I would never consider him as backup," Maddy frowned.

"I think we've had enough time to talk," Karli said, trying to run away.

All of sudden Sam goes to grab ahold of Karli.... but she quickly grabbed his arm and twisted it, shoving him back into Maddy.

"Shit," Sam mumbled.

Bucky burst through the door.... and saw Maddy and Sam on the ground. He quickly rushed over to Maddy and helped her up.... quickly examining her.

"Bucky, I'm fine," Maddy smiled.

"Maddy.... I'm so sorry," Sam sighed.

"Hey! It's okay," Maddy said.

Sam nodded.

Maddy snapped her head towards John.... rushing up towards him.

"You are a piece of shit! JOHN WALKER! I can't believe the government voted you to be the next Captain America.... Cause all I see is an impatient little child, who will never be enough for us," Maddy snapped.

John took a step back.... shocked at the words coming out of her mouth.

"GET IN MY WAY ONE MORE
TIME.... PREGNANT OR NOT! I WILL KICK YOUR FLAT OF AMERICA'S ASS," Maddy growled.

Maddy walked out of the room... with Sam and Bucky in her tail, both smiling like children.