Chapter 36

Steve and Maddy kick opened a door.... only to find it absolutely quiet, Maddy takes the first couple of steps towards the control platform.... only to notice that the pilot chair was empty.

Maddy and Steve quickly become alerted when they heard a whine of assault rifle.... warming up.

Maddy looked out the window.... but suddenly  sees a reflection of Red skull, who was pointing his gun at her back.....she quickly turned around and jumps out of the way, missing the blasts.

The blasts quickly hits the window.... blowing out a pane of the cockpit glass. Wind begins to fill the cockpit.....

"You both don't know when to give up, do you?" Red Skull growled.

"Nope," both Maddy and Steve said.

Maddy and Steve charge are Skull.... who quickly fires again, the blue bolts ricochet around the cabin.... Maddy quickly dodges the blasts, while Steve swings, bashing the rifle from Skull's hand...

Maddy rushed over to where Steve and Red Skulls..... roughly putting Skull into a headlock but he quickly throws Maddy into a bulkhead.

"You both wear a flag on your chests and you both think you fight a battle of nations? I have seen the future..... Captain, Miss America. There are no flags but Hydra's," Red Skull smirked.

"Keep the future, Darling....we're kinda looking for a little here and now," Maddy smiled.

Maddy slams her fist into Red Skulls jaw.... he staggers back, completely surprised.

She quickly cocks back and hits Red Skull with an uppercut.

"I should kill you.... right here, right now," Maddy snarled.

"Such anger.... is it because the love of your life, is dead?" Red skull smirked.

"No!" Maddy blurted out.

"What was his name? Ah yes! James Buchanan Barnes, what a shame he had to fall out of that train.... and die," Red Skull smirked.

Maddy grabbed Red Skull by his collar and started to punch him....

Suddenly the Plane spins into a barrel roll....

Steve and Maddy crash across the whirling cockpit....

The plane jerks again.... throwing them all three together.

Steve powers Skull into the ceiling....

Skull roughly elbows Steve into the wall, he quickly makes a run for it.... trying to reach the autopilot.

Maddy uses her body... and swings around a strut and slams her fist into Skull's head.

"You both could have the power of gods...." Red Skull paused.

Maddy looks over at Steve... then back at Skull.

"And you both won't admit.... you want it?" Skull continued, while picking up a gun... aiming it towards Steve's chest.

Maddy stumbled in between both Steve and Skull....

"We want what every soldier on every battlefield wants...." Maddy paused, looking at the shield which rested by her feet.

"We want to go home... we want this war to end," Maddy continued.

Maddy slams her heel into the shield, flipping it into the air.... Skull quickly fires.

Maddy turns around..... shoving Steve out of the way, she quickly grabs the shield in the air... and blocks the blasts.