Chapter 98

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch," Banner sighed.

"Ultron," Steve growled.

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other," Natasha said.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodes asked.

"Nuclear codes," Hill replied.

Nuclear codes! Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can," Rhodes frowned.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead," Natasha said.

"Technically he didn't say he wanted us dead... but he said we'd be extinct, whose to say he won't change his mind," Maddy replied, grabbing everyone's attention.

"He also said he killed somebody!" Barton added.

"But there wasn't anyone else in the building," Hill said.

"Yes there was," Tony sighed, pulling up a 3D image of a destroyed JARVIS.

"This is insane," Banner frowned.

"JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense... but I think he didn't go down without a fight," Maddy said.

"No, Ultron could've assimilated JARVIS. This isn't strategy, this is pure rage," Banner replied.

Suddenly Thor rushes up to Tony and grabbed him by the throat... and holds him up.

"Woah. Woah. Woah! It's going around," Barton said.

"Come on! Use your words, buddy," Tony smirked, looking at Thor.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark," Thor growled.

Maddy felt her phone buzz in her pocket... she sighed in relief and quickly slipped out of the large room, hoping no one would notice.

"H-hello?" Maddy answered.

"Maddy.... I was just calling to check up on you," a familiar voice said.

"I'm doing good... I was just thinking about you," Maddy smiled.

"T-The plums... are helping a little with my memories," The voice replied.

"See I told you! How are you? Are you doing okay? Do I need to come over there?" Maddy asked.

"No! You should stay until the mission is over!" The voice laughed.

Maddy heard intense yelling... coming from inside the room, she groaned with annoyance.

"Do I need to let you go?" The voice asked.

"I wanna answer no... but I feel like they murder each other," Maddy sighed.

"I'll call you soon...I-Mis-um talk to you later," The voice said.

"Hey! Wait!" Maddy replied.

"Yeah?!" The voice said... with a bit of happiness.

"I miss you too! buck...." Maddy whispered, and quickly hung up, and rushed back into the room.

"YOU THINK THIS IS FUNNY?!" Thor yelled.

"No. It's probably not, right? Is this very terrible? Is it so... is it soo..it is. It's so terrible," Tony smirked.

"This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you didn't understand!" Thor growled.

"No. I'm sorry! I'm sorry. It is funny! It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this," Tony laughed.

"Tony! Don't pick a fight... you can't finish," Maddy sighed.

Tony looked in her direction and laughed harder.

"Y-You should leave Maddy! This is a team disagreement... and last I check you aren't apart of this team... anymore," Tony said.

A sudden wave of anger grew inside of Maddy...

"YOU CALLED ME! I was perfectly fine where I was at... but out of the kindness of my heart, I came back.... because you guys are my family, I guess not anymore. I'll be gone by tomorrow... have fun with killer robot," Maddy said, with her voice cracking.

Maddy quickly rushed out of the room... and raced back to the room Tony had given her.

She slammed the door... and locked it.

Sliding down the door... she began to sob.