Chapter 96

Tony walked back into the room where everyone was sitting..... waiting patiently, Maddy looked down at his hands and noticed he was wearing his armored hand, that went to his suit. Maddy shook her head and giggling. Thor turned to look at her and smiled.

"Are you gonna try, little Rogers?" Thor asked, everyone moved their eyes from Tony to Maddy.

"I-uh sure! After Steve of course," Maddy replied.

After Tony failed to lift the hammer again... Rhodes joined him, and together they both failed. Banner tried to lift the hammer, he roars trying to change into the Hulk but failed... everyone but Natasha stares at him warily, while Natasha just smiled.

"Was that too much?" Banner asked, sitting down next to Natasha.

"Just a little bit!" Maddy said, causing Banner to laugh.

Steve stands up...Maddy sighed knowing he would probably be able to lift it, Steve was worthy of everything.

"Let's go Steve! No pressure!" Tony said.

"Come on, Cap!" Rhodes cheered.

Steve starts pulling on the hammer... Maddy and Thor froze when they noticed it budged just a little bit.... but soon he was unable to move it. Thor laughed with relief.

"Nothing," Thor said.

"And?" Tony questioned.

"Widow?" Banner asked.

"Oh no! No that's not even a question I need answered.... but Maddy!! You should do it!" Natasha said.

Maddy sighed and stood up... she slowly walked towards the hammer, her heart started to pound against her chest.

She wrapped her fingers around the handle... closing her eyes and pulled.

It was like she pulled on air. She opened her eyes and noticed she had lifted the hammer, but her mind quickly started thinking about Bucky.... and instantly the hammer fell out of her hand and onto the glass table.... shattering it.

"I-I am so sorry Tony!" Maddy said.

Everyone stared at her... all in complete shock, expect Thor... who was laughing.

"I was right! You are worthy!! Well almost!" Thor smiled, jumping up and pulling Maddy into a tight hug.

"How was that possible?" Barton asked.

"All deference to man who wouldn't be king, but it's rigged!" Tony replied, crossing his arms.

"You bet your ass!" Barton yelled.

"STEVE! He said a bad language word!" Hill said.

Steve turned to look at Tony and frowned.

"Did you tell everyone about that?" Steve asked.

"The handle'a imprinted, right? Like a security code. * whosever is carrying Thor's fingerprint* is, I think the liberal translation?" Tony questioned.

"Yes, well that's, uh, that's a very.... very interesting theory. I have a similar one," Thor paused.... turning to look down at Maddy then quickly picked up his hammer. Flipping it in the air.

"You all but Maddy aren't worthy," Thor smiled.

Suddenly there was a loud screeching noise...causing everyone to cover their ears, they moved their hands down as it quickly faded.... a dismembered robot slowly appeared.

"Worthy....No.....how could you be worthy? You're all killers!" The robot said.

"STARK!" Maddy yelled.

"JARVIS!" Tony called out.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or....I was a.... dream?" The robot said.

"We got a buggy suit!" Tony said, quickly tapping his device.

"There was a terrible noise... and I was tangled in... in strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy," The robot sighed.

"Y-you killed someone?" Maddy questioned, taking a few steps closer... towards the robot.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices," The robot replied.

"W-who sent you?" Thor asked.

* I see a suit of armor around the world!* The robot replayed Tony's voice... from earlier.

"ULTRON!" Banner spoke up.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this... chrysalis. But I'm ready! I'm on a mission! Ultron said.