Chapter 61

1 year later
Washington D.C.

Maddy stood on top of an abandon building, looking through a pair of binoculars..... hunting down the man in the mask, but across the street was a luxury hotel.

She had got an anonymous tip, that he'd be here.... here to assassinate someone.

"Come on, where are you?" Maddy replied, looking around.

Suddenly she heard footsteps rushing up behind her.... she quickly turned around and saw a group of men pointing their guns at her.

"Gentlemen, how can I help you on this beautiful day?" Maddy smirked.

They growled and moved closer.

"Miss Rogers, stand down or we'll kill you!" A man ordered.

"For what? Just standing here?" Maddy smirked.

"Stop looking for the Winter soldier!" Another man said.

"I don't think I will! It's my mission to find him, and stop him!" Maddy said.

Maddy took a step back, but stopped when her back met a hard chest..... she turned around slowly, chills ran down her spine.

She was standing face to face with the man in the mask.... she couldn't see his eyes due to them being covered.

He tried grabbing at her throat but she quickly dodged.... he stumbled, not prepared for her to move so fast.

The group of men started closing in on her, getting ready to shot her.

"Natasha, where are you?! I need a little help," Maddy whispered into the headset, she frowned when she didn't hear feedback.

She quickly turned around and faced the group of men, she grabbed her gun and started shooting.... they quickly dodged the bullets, she swung her gun over her shoulder and started to charge at them....

She cried out in pain, when someone yanked on her hair and pulled her down.... she closed her eyes when her back hit the ground with such force.

She quickly opened them and saw the man in the mask standing over her.... his gun shoved in her face, she looked around and saw the group of men walking towards her.

"Maddy quickly grab his gun!" Natasha replied on the other end of the headset.

Maddy instantly grabbed his gun, she yanked hard.... pulling him down, she quickly rolled away so he wouldn't fall on top of her.

"Now jump of the ledge!" Natasha ordered.

Maddy quickly stood up, and started racing towards the ledge of the building...

She was inches away from the ledge....

She hissed, when she felt a sudden pain in her back..... she turned around and saw that the Winter soldier had thrown a knife into her back.

She quickly jumped onto the ledge and turned to face the group of men... and the Winter soldier.

"Another time gentlemen!" Maddy smiled, before jumping off the ledge...

She landed hard on the ground, but quickly took off running.... down an alleyway where she had left her motorcycle.

She quickly hopped on and turned it on.... racing away.

She looked into her mirror and saw the Winter soldier staring her down, she knew for a fact this wouldn't be the last time she'd see him.

"Natasha? When I get back.... I think I'm gonna need some more training, this guy is way more advanced then me! Next time I see him I wanna be more prepared," Maddy replied.

"Alright! Whatever you say!" Natasha said... Maddy could feel Natasha smiling through the other end.