Chapter 22

Maddy stood next to Steve, who was sketching out coordinates on a map.... while she told him where every Hydra base was.

"The fourth one war in Poland..... far from the Baltic..." Maddy paused, looking at Steve.

"The last one was outside of Strasbourg, about forty miles west of the Magiont line, I only got a quick look," Maddy said.

"Nobody is perfect," Peggy smiled.

Someone quickly comes to pick up the map... and hurries off.

Maddy, Steve and Peggy turn around to see Howard walking towards them...with a blue Hydra cartridge in his hand.

"Hey, aren't you supposed to be picking up a medal right now?" Howard asked.... looking at Steve.

"You're getting a medal?!" Maddy frowned.

"I'm off the publicity circuit.... and yes but I didn't want to take it, without you being there.... you deserve one too," Steve sighed.

Maddy rolled her eyes.

General Phillips suddenly appeared from another room.... walking towards Steve.

"Rogers! You just embarrassed a senior senator in front of dozen reporters and ten members of Parliament," General Phillips frowned... handing Steve his metal.

General Phillips looked over at Maddy... who was frowning, he could see that she was clearly upset... and he knew she helped with the rescue mission.

"Rogers you should get a metal as well, I can talk to them if you want?" General Phillips sighed.... trying to make her feel better.

"No, Sir... it's fine, Captain America deserves it more then I," Maddy said.... turning to look at Steve.

General Phillips turns to Howard... noticing the Hydra cartridge.

"Did you figure out what that is yet?" General Phillips asked.... trying to change the subject.

"If you would believe both Rogers, it's apparently the most powerful explosive known to man....." Howard paused.

"Well, either they are wrong or Schmidt's damn near rewritten the laws of physics," Howard continued.

Howard walked towards his little lab.

"I'm rather fond of the laws of physics," Howard smiled.

General Phillips walked into the room sized map table....

"These are all the Hydra factories?" General Phillips asked.

"The ones we know about... but Sgt. Barnes said Hydra shipped all the bombs to another facility, and it wasn't on the map," Maddy replied.

General Phillips dropped his head... studying the map.

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6... I want every Allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base," General Phillips ordered.

"W-What about us?" Peggy asked.

"We are going to light a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass..." General Phillips paused turning to look at both Maddy and Steve.

"What do you say, Miss America.... Captain America? It's your map... and your memory, think you could wipe Hydra off it?" General Phillips smiled.

Maddy turns to look at Steve who staring at her.... he smiled.

"We're gonna need a team," Steve said.

"We've already started lining up the best men..," General Phillips said but was suddenly cut off.

"If you don't mind, sir.... so have I," Steve smirked.

General Phillips nodded... before walking away, leaving both Steve and Maddy with huge smiles on their faces... they were finally getting the respect they deserved and needed.