Chapter 52

Maddy and Natasha continuously crawl under the catwalk.... they stop.

BOOM

BOOM

BOOM

The room vibrates.... rhythmically.

Maddy looked over at Natasha who pulled out her gun and slowly started walking up ahead out onto the catwalk.... Maddy quickly followed behind, but spun around.

The Hulk was inches from her....

Maddy wanted to freeze, but her brain was telling her to run.....

"Natasha!" Maddy yelled quickly bolting.

Natasha turns around and fired her gun....shooting a liquid nitrogen pipe that hit Hulk in the face.

Maddy and Natasha begin to run through the maze of corridors.... the sound of screaming and heavy stomps followed close behind them.

Finally, they reach the long corridors... as they run, behind them The Hulk tears up the hallway.... coming after them.

Maddy turns, but The Hulk slaps her against the wall....

Maddy tried getting up, but her whole body ached in pain..... she looked up, and her eyes met a pair of green ones.

Fear instantly filled Maddy...The Hulk raised his hand and is suddenly knocked off his feet.

Everything was slow motion..... Hulk was thrown into the wall next to Maddy, she quickly crawled to the wall.... and sat up against it.

"Are you okay? Maddy? Can you move?" A familiar voice said.

Maddy looked up and saw Thor.... she stared into his eyes, unable to talk.

She turned her head and saw Natasha running up to her....

"Maddy! You need to get up, Steve needs your help!" Natasha replied.

Maddy cried out in pain..... as she started standing up.

Thor and Natasha smiled... when Maddy stood to her feet, but Thor quickly disappeared.... off to handle Hulk.

"Where is he? Where is my brother?" Maddy breathed out.

"Helicarrier port side," Natasha said.

Maddy nodded.... and started to hobble away, off to save her brother..... once again.

**************

Maddy hears shots being fired.... she quickly picked up her feet, regaining her strength.

"I NEED A MINUTE HERE!" She heard Steve yell out.

She turned a corner and saw two men shooting, she smirked..... she bolted towards them.

Instantly tackling them, she gets to her feet and grabbed one of their guns and shoots them both.... killing them.

She noticed an opening, she poked her head out and saw another man.... shooting, she quickly ran up towards him and kicked him.... knocking him off the heilcarrier.

"OH MADDY THANK GOD YOU ARE ALRIGHT!" Steve called out.

Maddy smiled..... but it soon faded, she heard a gun go off.

She turned around slowly and looked down....blood poured out of her stomach, she cried out in pain.... but quickly tacked the guy who shot her, and snapped his neck.

She crawled towards the wall and sat up against it.... breathing heavy.

"MADDY!!! MADDY!!!!" Steve screamed out.

"I-I think I'm just gonna t-take a n-nap," Maddy breathed out.

She squeezed her eyes shut.... trying hard not to think about the pain, she snapped her eyes opened.... and placed a finger in her open wound.

She screamed out.

Trying so desperately hard to locate the bullet.... she sighed in relief when she couldn't find it.

She looked up and smiled weakly....

"Oh hey Tony, Steve! I saved you..." Maddy said.

Tony kneeled down beside her.... taking off his helmet.

"Jarvis, quickly scan her body! Make sure the bullet didn't hit anything," Tony replied.

"The bullet didn't hit any major artery.... Miss. Rogers is very lucky, and with the super serum she will heal quickly.... my guess in a couple of hours," Jarvis said.

Steve kneeled down beside Maddy.

"Dr. Banner is very scary as the other guy.... I thought I was done for, but luckily Thor saved the day," Maddy smiled weakly.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" Steve asked.

"Of course not!" Maddy lied.

The three of them sat up against the wall.... trying to catch their breath.