Chapter 126

Maddy watched as Tony took a step back, quickly placing his helmet on. Tony punched Steve to the ground and deflected gunfire from Bucky, disarming him...he grabbed Bucky and flies across the chamber, slamming him onto the floor. Maddy quickly shook off her feelings and rushed towards Steve helping him up.....Steve handed Maddy his shield.

"You take care of Tony, and I'll get Bucky," Steve whispered.

Maddy nodded, grabbing the shield....Maddy quickly jumped up and started to hit him, trying her best to get him away from Bucky. Tony wouldn't budge....Maddy threw the shield to the side and grabbed Tony flinging him backwards.  Tony straightened up...shouldering Maddy to the ground and  placing shackles on her ankles.

"You really think these will hold me?" Maddy asked.

Suddenly a rocket shoots out of Tony's arm, a fireball explodes. Maddy looked up seeing a towering structure of pipework.... coming down towards her, she quickly started to roll away...trying her best to escape the ruble.

"Steve!" Maddy called out, looking around.

Steve quickly picked up Maddy and rushed to the other side of the chamber...Steve grabbed his shield and smacked it against the shackles, breaking it in half.

Maddy stood up and looked over at Bucky....who was staring back at her.

"GET OUT OF HERE BUCK!" Maddy yelled, waving her arms.

Bucky nodded and took off running....Tony started to shoot at Bucky, but kept missing.

Maddy and Steve both ran after Tony and Bucky.

"It wasn't him, Tony! Hydra had control of his mind!" Steve yelled, trying to grab Tony's attention.

Maddy moved in front of Tony....extending her arms so he couldn't get around her.

"MOVE MADDY, NOW!" Tony growled.

"It wasn't him," Maddy sighed.

Tony flew over Maddy.....Steve frowned and jumped over Maddy grabbing Tony by the ankle and started to smash it. Maddy started running after Bucky.

There was a sudden crash....which caught Maddy's attention but she didn't turn around, instead she kept moving forward....reaching a large room with platforms. Maddy looked up and noticed Bucky up towards the top.

All of a sudden Tony flew past Maddy....knocking her over.

"ow," Maddy mumbled, quickly steadying her balance.

"You are lucky....I won't lay a hand on you," Tony said, turning around to face her.

"If you touch him, then I'll hurt you," Maddy growled.

"We'll see," Tony replied. 

Steve raced past Maddy.....

"He's not going to stop!" Steve said, looking over his shoulders.

Maddy jumped up on one of the platforms...and shoots a wire which wrapped around Tony's neck and started to drag him back down. Tony broke free...and grabbed Maddy by the throat, slamming her against the wall.

"STOP! I don't wanna hurt you!" Tony said.

"Then leave him alone," Maddy coughed.

"He killed my mom," Tony frowned.

"And I'm sorry about that...I really am," Maddy sighed.

Tony lifted up his fist...sadness filled his eyes.

"I'm sorry too," Tony whispered.

Punching her in the face...knocking her out, he gently laid her on the floor and went after Bucky.