Chapter 78

The three of them pull up to an outside abandoned military base, where the signal had led them.

"This is it," Maddy sighed.

"The file came from these coordinates," Natasha said.

"So did we," Steve replied.... turning to look at Maddy.

"This is the camp where Steve was trained, and this is where I was training to be an agent... like Peggy," Maddy said.

"Changed much?" Natasha asked.

"A little," Steve said.

They all three walked through the gates... Maddy looked all around remembering how happy she was back in those days.

"This is a dead end. Zero heat signature, zero heat waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off....." Natasha paused, drawing Maddy out of thoughts.

Maddy noticed a building up ahead of them.

"What is it?" Natasha continued.

"Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. The building is in the wrong place," Maddy said.

Steve walked up to the door and hits the knobs with his shield....and they all three enter the building.

Maddy turns on the lights and noticed it's a SHIELD office.

"I remember this place," Maddy smiled.

"How? This is SHIELD," Natasha said... looking at Maddy with a confused expression.

"This is where it all started, I remember talking to Peggy about starting something like this for people like me and Steve...." Maddy paused.

"Peggy kinda laughed it off, but I never thought she would actually do something like this," Maddy continued, walking up to a wall full of pictures.

"There's Stark's father," Natasha said.

"Howard," Maddy smiled.

"W-Who's the girl?" Natasha questioned.

"That's Peggy Carter," Maddy said, turning to look at a very uneasy Steve.

Steve turns away and walked further down the room but suddenly stops by a massive book shelf.

"If you're already working in a secret office...." Steve paused.

He quickly pushes the book shelf and slides it open, reveling an elevator.

"Why do you need to hide the elevator?" Steve continued.

They all three pile into the elevator.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Maddy frowned.

The elevator moves slowly down...then stopped opening up to a room filled with old computers.

"This can't be the data point, this technology is ancient," Natasha said.

"Kinda like us?" Maddy laughed.

"Hey Maddy! You still have that flash drive?" Natasha asked.

Maddy set her leg up on the table that was in front of them.... she pulled down her sock and pulled out the flash drive, handing it to Natasha.

Natasha grabbed the flash drive and puts it in a small flash drive port...which activates the ancient computer.

"Initiate system?" The computer said.

Natasha started typing using the keyboard.

"Y-E-S, spells yes..." Natasha smiled put paused.

She turned to look at Steve and Maddy.