Chapter 85

"Hey, Sam! I'm gonna need a ride, I need to go help Maddy," Steve yelled through the headset.

"Roger! Let me know when you're ready!" Sam said.

"I just did!" Steve replied.

"I hope you both know, I don't need help... I'm almost there!" Maddy frowned.

"Well I'm coming to help you! I just saw Bucky, I'm sure he's headed your way," Steve said.

"You know, you're a lot heavier than you look," Sam replied.

Maddy laughed.

"Well I had a big breakfast," Steve said.

"STEVE!" Sam yelled.

"SAM! WHAT HAPPENED?!" Maddy yelled through the headset.... sudden fear filled her body.

"CAP? Steve? Come in. Are you okay?" Sam called out.

"Y-Yeah I'm here! I'm still on the helicarrier. Where are you?" Steve asked.

"I'm grounded, suit's down. Sorry, guys," Sam replied.

"Hey! Don't worry about it, we can handle this," Maddy said.

"Maddy, I'm almost there! Please wait for me!" Steve replied.

Maddy frowned and decided not to listen to what Steve had said.

Maddy reached the inside of the helicarrier, where she was confronted by Bucky.... he stared at her coldly.

"Bucky, people are gonna die! I can't let this happen.... please I don't wanna hurt you," Maddy pleaded.

Maddy turned around when she heard a pair of footstep run up from behind her... she was greeted by a very pissed off Steve.

"I told you to wait for me!" Steve growled.

"Well you took forever, grandpa," Maddy sighed... turning back to look at Bucky.

They both looked at him.... knowing he wasn't gonna back down without a fight.

"Maddy I need you to duck!" Steve whispered.

Maddy ducked... and looked up and saw that Steve had thrown his shield, Steve then pushed Maddy out of the way... and charged at Bucky.

They both quickly start battling it out.

Maddy runs up to the targeting blade system, with the chip in her hand....

She heard a loud bang, and turned around... Bucky was staring at her.... his gun pointing in her direction, she looked down... and saw blood pouring down her stomach.

"N-Not again!" Maddy hissed.

She turned back around and stumbled towards the targeting system... and heard another bang... this time her leg was bleeding.

She fell to her knees... and moved closer.

She rested her head up against the cool metal of the targeting system... she heard Steve yell.

"Drop it! DROP THE KNIFE!" Steve yelled.

"S-Steve!" Maddy breathed out.

Suddenly it was quiet.... then Steve jumped up next to Maddy, quickly grabbing the chip.

"Stand by...." Steve paused getting ready to place the chip in the right spot.

"Charlie...." Steve breathed out, he fell to his knees.

Maddy crawled over towards him.... only to notice he was shot... shot in the leg.

"Stay here! I'll handle him!" Maddy said, struggling to stand up.

"H-He'll kill you," Steve sighed.

Maddy rolled off the ledge... and crawled towards Bucky.

"CHARLIE LOCKED!" Steve yelled.

"Okay Cap, Maddy! Get out of there now!" Maria said.

"FIRE NOW!" Steve ordered.

"But, Steve," Maria sighed.

"DO IT! DO IT NOW! THAT'S AN ORDER!" Maddy commanded.

Maddy stood up weakly.

"Buck, you know me.... we use to be in love," Maddy said.

Bucky grabbed Maddy by the throat... and slammed her hard on the ground.

"NO, I DON'T!" Bucky yelled.

Steve jumped down....

"Bucky, You've known us your whole life," Steve sighed.

Bucky punches Steve in the face.... while Steve chose not to fight back.

"Your name is James Buchanan Barnes," Steve breathed out.

Bucky punches him again.

"SHUT UP!" Bucky yelled.

"I'm not gonna fight you. You're my best friend... and my sister soulmate," Steve said.

Bucky goes to punch Steve again... but was stopped, they both turn and looked.... Maddy was holding Bucky's metal arm.

"PLEASE DON'T HURT HIM! KILL ME! IM BEGGING YOU! BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T HURT MY BROTHER!" Maddy screamed.

Bucky dropped Steve.... who was now unconscious.

Bucky grabbed Maddy by the hem of her uniform.... he looked her dead in the eyes.

"you're my mission! You both are my mission," Bucky said.

Maddy blinked a couple of times.

"Then finish it!" Maddy replied.

Bucky hesitated holding his fist inches from her face.

"Because I'm with you to the end of the line," Maddy whispered.... just low enough for Bucky to hear her.

Bucky looked at Maddy... almost as if he's starting to remember.

Suddenly the Helicarrier falls.... sending Steve down into the river.

"STEVE!" Maddy yelled... quickly fighting to get out of Bucky's grip.

Bucky released his grip... and watched as she started to fall.

Bucky watched as both Maddy and Steve started to fall towards the water.... fear washed over him, and suddenly he jumped out of the helicarrier.... falling towards an unconscious Steve and a scared Maddy.