Chapter 37

Maddy's eyes flicker open.... she feels a sudden hand on top of hers, she quickly sits up looking around.

"Whoa! Easy there," a familiar voice said.

Maddy snapped her head in their direction.... tears formed in her eyes.

"Steve!" Maddy smiled, throwing herself out of the bed and into his arms.

"Ummm... Maddy, before we celebrate about the fact that we are alive... there is something, I must tell you," Steve replied.

"Okay? What's wrong?" Maddy said.

"We've been frozen..... for 70 years, the year is 2011," Steve sighed.

"What?! No.... that's impossible," Maddy replied, pulling away from Steve.

A door suddenly opened... Maddy turned around, seeing a tall, African American man walk in.....

"Ms. Rogers? I'm Colonial Fury, Director of SHEILD. you would have known us as the SSR," The man said.

Maddy's eyes narrow.... the first reassuring thing, she's heard. She felt at sudden ease.... but terrified.

"W-Where are we?" Maddy asked... looking from Fury to Steve.

"New York," Steve said.

"Did we win the war?" Maddy questioned.

"Hell yes! Unconditional surrender, baby. And taking down Hydra was a big part of it," Fury smiled.

Maddy sighed in relief.

"H-How are we not.... dead?" Maddy asked.

"To be perfectly honest, we're not sure yet... my docs day is some kind of suspended animation. Dr. Erskine's formula, the extreme cold..... I can't break it down for you on a cellular level, but you both haven't aged a day since that plane went down," Fury shrugged.

Maddy looked at Steve.... feeling completely overwhelmed.

"Don't worry... Maddy, you took this way better then I did," Steve smiled.

"What's the plan now?" Maddy asked.... slowly walking around the room.

"SHEILD, is going to get you a small place to live.... until you both are able to get back on your feet," Fury said.

"And after that?" Maddy questioned.

"I will let you know.... when SHEILD needs you both," Fury shrugged.

Maddy turned to look at Steve.

"Is Peggy alive?!" Maddy asked.

Steve's face started to lose color.

"Honestly? I have no idea... I hope she is," Steve said.

"If you both would follow me.... our ride is here," Fury smiled.... walking towards the door.

Maddy looked down at her feet.... and noticed she didn't have any shoes.

"Where could a lady.... get a pair of shoes?" Maddy asked.

"Oh right! Wouldn't want you to walk around the city with no shoes.... you might catch something," Fury said.

Maddy laughed.

A lady dressed in a 1940s nurse outfit... quickly walked in, she handed a pair of shoes to Maddy.

Maddy looked at the pair of shoes.... with such confusion.

"Ms. Rogers.... you are supposed to tie them, in a knot," Fury replied.

Maddy walked over the bed and sat down.... she quickly placed the shoes down by her feet and stared down at the weird pair of shoes.

She sighed and quickly placed them on her feet.... and tried to tied them, but failed..

She growled with such frustration.... and decided to tuck the laces in the shoes, she stood up with a smile.

"We'll figure that out later," Maddy smiled, before walking out of the room.