Chapter 44

Maddy quickly fell from the sky.... she noticed Loki sitting down on a rock, watching Tony and the beautiful man.... fighting.

She landed.... hard next to him.

Loki quickly stood up.... looking very uncomfortable.

"Who is that beautiful man?" Maddy asked.

"That beautiful man.... happens to be my brother, Thor," Loki sighed.

"Thor? That's a very interesting name," Maddy said.

"Thor? Yeah very interesting.... he's the god of thunder," Loki replied, turning around to continue to watch the fight.

"What are you god of?" Maddy asked... walking closer to Loki.

"God of mischief," Loki replied.

"Mischief? Well that explains a lot," Maddy giggled.

"As the youngest... does your brother take advantage of you?" Loki questioned.... turning to look at Maddy.

"I-I don't know.... he always said we'd work as a team, but now it's like... he's the boss and I'm just a soldier," Maddy shrugged.

"I see," Loki said.

"What about you, god of mischief?" Maddy smiled.

"I just want to take the throne.... but Thor and my father don't think I'm capable of becoming king," Loki said.

"Why would you want to be king?" Maddy asked.

"Who doesn't want to rule of something?" Loki questioned.

"I wouldn't want to rule.... it seems like a lot of work," Maddy laughed.

"You are different.... from the other humans," Loki replied, gazing into Maddy's eyes.

"Different? I don't see myself as any different from the rest.... I mean I've been frozen for 71 years," Maddy said.... looking away from Loki.

"Looking in your eyes.... I can see, such pain... what happened to you?" Loki asked.

"I'd rather not talk about it," Maddy sighed.

"My brother Thor... had the same look in his eyes, when he had to leave behind the woman he loved..... tell me, were you once in love, with someone?" Loki questioned.... still gazing at Maddy.

"I-I was.... but he died," Maddy frowned.

"I'm so sorry," Loki sighed.

Suddenly there was a huge explosion.... from down below, Maddy looked over at Loki.

"I should probably go break that up," Maddy replied walking towards the edge of the cliff.

"As you should," Loki smirked.

Maddy jumped off the cliff..... and landed hard on the ground.

She raced through the woods....

Maddy stopped for a second... trying to listen for shouting.

"Hey! That's enough!" Steve shouted from the distance...

Maddy shook her head and raced towards the direction of his voice.