chapter 60

I didn't have the energy to take a shower so I just sat on the hot bath. It is helping my sore body a lot. I sighed when the idea of leaving this cozy place crossed my mind. I don't want to go just yet. But I have to. So after a lot of contemplating, I finally stepped out of the bathtub. I wrapped my body in a towel.

I grabbed the packet left by the maid earlier and opened it. And I was shocked.

What is the meaning of this? I just had a baby. Do they really want me to wear this? Do they not have a conscience?

It was a skin-fit red mermaid dress with a sweetheart neckline. How am I supposed to wear this?

There was a very elegant necklace to pair with it. At any other moment, I would have found the dress ravishing but right now when it has been only half a day since I gave birth I don't think I would be comfortable in this. Looking at this dress itself makes me go uneasy then how am I supposed to put my body in it?

 Looking at this dress itself makes me go uneasy then how am I supposed to put my body in it?

Maybe I should just not go?

That's a good idea but I don't think I should mess with him. His eyes speak the dangers he can put me into. So this idea is dropped. Should I check for another dress? Maybe the wardrobe must have something comfortable for me. Maybe I should give this a try.

With a newfound hope of finding a perfect dress for my situation, I strode towards the wardrobe. I entered a gigantic room of racks filled with clothes, shoes, and many more. With so much in front of my eyes, it looked like I am searching for a needle in this big sack.

That's when my search began. The racks were mostly filled with extremely tight dresses and pointed heels and jewelry. After a lot of searching, I finally found something that might help me with this problem. And it was just perfect. At least for me, it was.

It was a beautiful ankle-length tulle dress with lace details and a collar. I picked a pair of matching butterfly pearl earrings. They were twinkling a lot so I just picked them. Since I know nothing more than how to make a simple braid, I just did what I am best at. I braided my hair and moved them to the side. I put on some light makeup to cover up the dark circles under my eyes and I was done.