chapter 64

I came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my naked body. I was deep in thought.

I was thinking of the twins which I saw earlier. Do they have some connection with me? Do they know me somehow? But that's not what is the matter of concern. It is fact now that I forgot everyone except Lucifer. Back then, it looked like as they held a deep grudge against me. Especially the one who goes by the name Madelyn.

I went inside the closet and chose a random floral nightgown. One thing I have noticed is that I pick good clothes at random.

There was a slight knock on my door

There was a slight knock on my door. I rushed to the door and opened it. It's a rare occasion when someone knocks on your door when you are living with Lucifer. He loves to barge in. The door opened to reveal two guards. They bowed to me and I let out nervous laughter. I am not used to such kinds of honorifics.

We are here to move your things to the lord's chamber.
One of them spoke.

That's when I realized that I didn't pack anything. I just sat in the bathtub doing nothing. I was about to request them to wait when a maid came rushing in.
The lord has requested your presence.
She said.

Why is he calling for me now? I haven't packed a single thing!
I haven't packed anything. Tell him to wait for some time.
I said glancing in between the maid and two guards.
I will pack your necessities. Please go and see him!
The maid said while bowing down. She rushed inside my closet and started working. I could hear some shuffling. I just stood there. Maybe I should go and see him. The guards stayed in the room to help the maid move my things. I walked a few steps when I realized that I never asked him where he was.

I should just go back and ask her...
I mumbled to myself. I turned to walk back to the room and realized that I have walked a long distance and I don't remember my way back. I was lost in the middle of this castle. Sighing, I started opening every door on the floor. After opening a few doors, I was tired. It is an impossible task to open every single door. There are more than fifty doors on this floor. What if he is not on this floor? What if he is on a different floor? This thought scared me to my core.

I was about to scream for help when someone tapped me from behind. I turned around to see the maid from before.
Didn't you know the way to lord's study?
She asked. I just shook my head in negative. She gasped. I could see sweat forming on her forehead. Fear was visible on her face.
Do you realize that you are an hour late?
She asked again. This time it was me who gasped. I am an hour late! Lucifer's scary face popped up in my head. He will teach me a good lesson today. The maid started walking in front of me and I followed her. We strode through the hallway. Seeing her scared expression made me more anxious.

We stopped in front of a giant door. She gestured me to go in and I shook my head. We are in this together. How can she leave me alone? I gave her a look which told her to come in with me. It was her turn to shake her head and she ran off. I was about to call her when I heard the clicking sound of the door. I turned around to face my doom. I gave him a nervous smile. He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me in.

He closed the door behind us and motioned me to sit. I sat on of the sofas placed in front of his desk. He went up to his desk and sat on his chair. He opened a file and pocked up a pen and started working. I looked at him like a lost child. Silence filled the room. I thought he must be mad at me but that doesn't seem so. Fiddling with my fingers, I decided to break the silence.
What did you call me for?
I asked hesitantly. He made a humming sound and slowly lifted his head to look at me.
Nothing much. Just sit there.
I mumbled a small yes. Did he call me to just sit there? That's what I do most of the time. I was so bored of it. Rows of bookshelves were placed behind his chair. That hiked my curiosity. Why not go through it once? It's better than just sitting. I stood up and stretched my arm a bit.
You are not allowed to leave.
His voice resounded before I could take a step.

Can I look through those?
I pointed at the bookshelves behind him. He raised his head to look at me again and then gazed at the place I was pointing.
Sit down!
He said before continuing his work. I pouted at his response. Why is he like this all the time? Is it wrong to be nice in hell?
When I didn't follow what he said, he raised his head once again. He put the pen down and gave me his full attention.
Please.....
I said. He tilted his head a bit.
Don't cause any trouble.
It was all he said before resuming with whatever he was doing. Gleefully, I walked towards one of the bookshelves. I might find something to read in here to kill my time. Most of the titles were written in a foreign dialect so I took out the ones written in something I could understand. Mostly English. I took out a book related to the geography of hell.

Whoa, they study geography too. I don't know why but I find it amazing. After a lot of contemplating, I took two books from the rack. One of history and another of the geography of hell. I was about to walk back to my seat when my eyes accidentally fell on the file he was reading.

The file contained a photograph. I looked closely at the photograph. It had the twins from earlier, a young guy, what looked like a couple, another man, and me.

Wait!
What?
How am I in there? Do I know them?

The books which I have been holding fell to ground. This caught Lucifer's attention. He looked at me gawking at the picture. I looked back at him in astonishment.

Who are those people? What am I doing in there? Do I know them? I don't know!
Then came the question I was dreadfully waiting to ask him.
Who am I?

____________________________________
Don't forget to vote and follow.

Thank you!