chapter 86

Marilyn rushed through the corridor back to her room trying her best to not get caught by someone especially Samael. She still remembered the last interaction between both of them.

With her head held down, she entered her room. Marilyn finally exhaled. She raised her head only to spot her biggest nightmare sitting on the bed with his legs crossed. Her breath hitched in her throat. She was tempted to bolt out of the door but a warning glare from Samael was enough to glue her feet to the ground.

Samael menacingly walked towards Marilyn. Poor girl had no place to escape. She could just close her eyes and accept her fate. Samael punched the wall beside her. Hard enough to leave a dent on the wall. Her eyes fluttered open at the impact. She was panting due to enormous fear bubbling inside of her. What if she was caught?

Did Ace make up a scene? Where did he go to? Why did she never ask Ace about it?

She was such a fool to believe that she will go unnoticed this time. How can that happen when she has Samael eyeing her every move?

Her eyes locked with glowing orbs of Samael.
You better not repeat that. Don't tempt me. I will tear you into shreds in the blink of an eye. Remember that.
Samael said and grabbed Marilyn's forearm. He shoved her against the opposite wall and left the room. Marilyn hit the wall with a bang making the wound on her head open up again. She could feel blood trickling down her face as she sank to the ground and cried her eyes out.

After an hour or two, when she was drained of tears Marilyn decided to get up and fetch a first aid kit. She sat in front of the mirror as she tended to her wounds on her own.

She has a mission to go to. She cannot just sit here and cry all day long. She has to find a way to save both Ace and Sabrina. She cannot let any of them die and the other suffer the curse of the first one.

When she was done, once again she escaped from her room. Marilyn knew about the procedure but her knowledge was lacking at some point. She ran inside the secluded area of the library. She has been here earlier at some point in time along with Samael.

Running her through the racks she finally found something useful.

The skull imprints on the book gave shivers to Marilyn. Her hands twitched to open it. It was the book of sinners that records every evil deed done at any point in time. Just by opening it could Marilyn in the fifth or sixth circle of hell. But it was like she was the goddess of purity. She lost innocence long ago so this simple evil deed doesn't matter anymore.

The book emitted a bright light as Marilyn opened it. Marilyn went through gruesome records of soul binding and power extortion rituals. She was only halfway through the book when she heard a commotion outside. They must have found out that Marilyn was absent from her room again.

Not having much time she tore a few pages and stuffed them in her bra before placing the book back on the shelf. Sneakily, she ran back to her room.