chapter 9

Sabrina

My parents were on the second floor according to that man. I should use the elevator. This way I will reach faster and come back faster. I went towards the elevator but.....
Again a but! Why!
I internally whined. The lift is out of order.
Wow! Really, just wow!
Such a big party and the lift is out of order. I sighed and decided to take the stairs instead.

I started climbing the stairs. Suddenly, I felt an intense gaze on me. I turned to check who it was but the stairs were empty. I shrugged it off and continued my walk.

The man sounded quite calm which meant that there was no hurry. I can take my time and I will take my time. I recalled Madelyn's words. She saw something in one of the seven floors in this castle.
Okay, I will check the first floor, then I will go to the second floor and meet my parents and then check the rest of the floors.

I also have to inform mom and dad about this. I started walking in the hallway on the first floor. This was as majestic as downstairs. Just beautiful!!
The hallway was brightly lit with different paintings on the ceiling. There were doors on either side of the hallway and a big door at the end of the hallway.

One by one I started opening every single door in the hallway but they all were empty

One by one I started opening every single door in the hallway but they all were empty. Moreover, they looked neat. If someone would have been murdered than that room must be a mess. Now, the big door was only left.

I am not doubting what Maddie said but at the same time, I don't want to be true. Anthony Marano is a very great and polite leader. Why he will kill the rest three?
Even if he does he must have taken someone's help to do so.

Now the big door!
I stood in front of it and inhaled a long breath. I slowly peeked open the door.
Well, it looked like a dining room. There was a large table in the middle with numerous chairs. I couldn't exactly tell how many chairs because there were a lot. It could easily fit everyone present in the party. On the opposite end of the door was another door. I stepped in and walked closer to the other one.

I heard some faint giggling noises of women and a strong male voice. It kicked the door wide open. My mouth hung open when I saw ace dressed in a new clean suit flirting with the maids and the cooks.