chapter 66

We both were busy engulfing others. I felt this wild desire growing inside of me. My body was burning for his touch. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer than ever. I tilted my head a bit to get better access. After a few minutes of wild making out, we finally parted. I was gasping for air and so was he.

I never felt such passion burning inside of me before. His eyes flickered between my eyes and lips. I was hypnotized. I couldn't take my eyes off his face. I had a sudden yearning in my heart. I wanted him. Only him.

He dipped his head to capture my lips again. I smiled and moved my head to the other side.
Maybe you should go back to work. We can continue sometime later.
I whispered. He tightened his hold around my waist before finally letting go. Within a moment, I was already missing him and his touch. I sat back on the chair in front of his desk instead of going back to the couch. He circled the desk and sat in his place. He continued with his work while I turned a few pages of the book.

It was a book about the history of hell. Every single detail was inscribed in the book. Its width made me lose interest. God knows how many years I will spend reading this book. I looked through the content page. It was then I realized that more than half of the book was related to him.

I gained my long-lost interest back. I can not ask him everything in one day but I can know a lot of things by reading this in one day. I will read it starting tomorrow. Today, I just want to watch him work. It looked a little weird. Things change so fast that you can never predict anything. Just an hour before I was scared of looking at him lest talking to him but now I feel a sudden pull towards me. As I have loved him for so long and finally, I have him. I just want to be in his embrace.

He cleared his throat and I came back to my senses. I didn't realize that I was gawking and smiling at him like a fool. I place my chin on my hands and took a good look at his face.
God certainly took his time in making you.
I said out of nowhere. Lucifer looked at him with his killing gaze.

Oops!

Did I say something wrong? I sat up straight and looked down on my lap. I nervously stole a glance to see him still staring at me.
Do not use his name in front of me or anywhere else in the world.
Lucifer said while pointing a finger at me. I mumbled a small sorry and looked down. I went back to the work he was doing earlier.

I gazed at the file. It was the same file from earlier he was looking at. Is he investigating about me? I furrowed my eyebrows at the thought. If yes, then why?
Didn't get the book to read?
He asked before I could question him about anything. I looked between the book and him.
I will read it tomorrow.
I replied. He chuckled at my reply.
What was there to laugh about?
I asked.
Nothing much. It is the same story between a teenager and books. They did not get along easily.
Lucifer said and chuckled again.

Seeing him smile made me smile too.
I am just tired today.
I said in my defense.
Of course.
Lucifer stated. A small playful laugh rang through my ears. He is in a good mood bow. I thought that I might have spoiled it a while ago but now he is smiling so I guess it is not a problem anymore.

For how long I have been staying here?
I asked out of the blue. He looked at me and thought of something.
A little above two years. Your eighteenth birthday passed already.
Lucifer said while looking me in the eye. I hummed in acknowledgment.
So this photograph is of two years earlier?
I questioned again.
Maybe. Since I was not known of your existence at that time, I couldn't tell you the exact moment of it.
He answered while reading whatever was written in the file.

What are you reading?
I bluntly asked and regretted it soon enough. My body went stiff when he glared at me with those piercing eyes. I murmured a sorry again. He sighed heavily and closed the file.
I didn't check their background in detail till now but I feel the need to do so. Next question.
Lucifer said and crossed his arm in his chest.

Are you done with the file?
I pointed at the file.

No.
He replied.

Can I read too?
I asked again.

You to read the book which you energetically pulled out from the shelf.
He said with an enthusiastic smile. He was mocking me. He knew I will get bored.

Do you know everything about me?
I questioned.

Even the exact second you were born.
He nodded his head and spoke. My mouth found an O shape. He certainly knows a lot about me if he has the confidence to say that.

But I don't know anything about you.
I stated. It was a matter of fact. I accept the fact that I don't remember anything but from his attitude I can tell that he has never revealed anything about himself.

You don't need to know.
I said as a matter of fact.

Okay, nevertheless I will know after reading this book.
I said arrogantly touching the book. He laughed at my remarks.

You sure are naive.
He said.

Why say so?
I mumbled.

Do you think that it has everything? Really?
Lucifer pointed at the book. What does he mean? He raised an eyebrow at him.

It only has what needs to be. No ruler discloses his personal affairs.
He said.

Now, I am truly foolish. Why I didn't think of this? I was so proud of myself earlier but I feel so dumb. I laughed nervously at him and changed the topic.
What are you going to do with them?

And that's when his expression turned grim and my palms became sweaty. Oh boy! This expression of his gives me bad vibes. Maybe I should not have asked.

Do I really want to know the answer?

_______________________________________

Do not forget to vote, comment, and follow.

Thank you ❤