chapter 14

Sabrina

The look on the face of this man was deadly. What should I do now? I can't think straight.
Ugh........
Think fast!
It shouldn't have happened if you just listened to him and sat on the bed quietly!

The bitch in my head screamed. It is very weird to call your other self like this. I should better work on a name.
Hmmm, what should I name her??

Stop!
No! This not the time for it. I started to look for anything which could help me defend myself from this big guy. My eyes fell on the rod from which the curtains were hanging earlier.

I picked up the rod

I picked up the rod. He must have got an idea of what I was about to do. He lunged at me and tried to take the rod from my hand. But as I said, he tried. But was never successful.

I picked it up and pointed it towards him.
You better back off or I will make sure you like a smashed watermelon!
I yelled at him while swinging to and fro in front of his face.

You keep that down kiddo or it won't be good for you...
The man tried to threaten me. Ha! He doesn't know that I am not like the kid who would be leaving next to his door.
He took a step towards me. I swung the rod with all my might and hit him hard on his thighs. He fell to his knees while holding the injured area. I swung the rod again and this time hit him on the head.

He screamed in agony and rolled down to the floor. I quickly tied one end of the noose to the bedpost and threw the other end out of the window. I decided to take the rod with me, in case I need it. I quickly ascended down and reached the window on the third floor.

Finally, I made it! I pushed the window with a wide grin on my face.
But it didn't open. It didn't even move a little. Goddamn it! It is locked!

I didn't know for how long I will be able to cling to this rope like a fucking monkey. I looked up to the window from where I came. The man appeared out of nowhere and was looking down at me.

Why is he not unconscious? I hit him hard. Maybe I should have hit him somewhere down. I smirked at my own thoughts. Suddenly, the rope started to shame vigorously. I looked up again to see him shaking it. I want to throw a big coconut on his head. He is out of his mind.

Then I realized I still have the rod with me. I swung the rod in air and broke the glass in one go. I passed through the broken window. Unfortunately, some broken pieces pierced through my skin.

Ugh!! It hurts!! I had no time to wear shoes because of that man. But I don't have time for this. I better get going. I removed the glass pieces from my skin. I stood up and dear God, it hurts even more. Forgetting about the pain, I limped to the door and stepped in the hallway. I took the elevator and reached the ground floor. And what's going on with the elevator? Sometimes it's working and sometimes it's not.

I entered the main hall where everyone was present. You see was present. But they are gone now. Where did they go?

I heard something terrible. It was coming from the direction of the staircase. I walked as fast as I can towards the direction of the noise because it was impossible for me to run. The noise became louder and louder with every step of mine. My grip on the rod tightened and I was ready for any kind of attack.