CHAPTER 40 : LIGHT IN THE DARK.

Fukushima was snapped back into his senses from recollecting some of his worse memories in his life when he heard a loud crash while he was still in the process of being crushed to death, then all of a sudden Kai's barriers all shattered including the one crushing Fukushima.

And so he looked only to see what had caused it only to see Mikaru and Miyabi who was currently standing behind Kai and so Fukushima got up an asked.

" So it's you again, why am I not surprised your off playing hero again ? You always seem to show up when things get really bad but I think I'll let you help out this time. "

Christopher then sat up activating his ability causing all nearby metals to surround Anya which became a mechsuit she wore capable of utilizing both their abilities combined.

She first compressed her shadows into a energy blast that blew away Fukushima's flames that surrounded her then he headed right for Miyabi as Anya yelled.

" Stop getting in our way !!! "

But Miyabi restored it into ordinary shadows which fell to the ground and so Fukushima threw a fire energy ball at Anya to finish what he had started.

But she seemed to have learned a new trick since she created a shadow energy barrier which caused Fukushima to become confused on why she didn't just do that earlier until he spotted Kai saying.

" You two are absolutely pathetic even when you worked together, I won't allow weaklings by my side so I command you both to do better. "

This immediately angered Fukushima into saying...

" Damn it !! He's seriously pissing me off is he trying to be a god or something, experimenting with the strong and throwing away the weak, why does one's commands hold so much weight especially since his ability is the ultimate defensive barrier ? "

Fukushima however although whispered it under his breath out of frustration and Anya sent a secondary shadow ball attack at Miyabi yelling.

" Wow cool I learned a new trick, Dark shadow ball of terror, capable of inducing the pain of living in the darkest time in her lifetime upon contact !!! "

Unfortunately though Miyabi was caught off guard still recovering from Anya's previous attack so Mikaru had to jump in taking the attack in her place and he seemed to have been recovered to full strength so oddly it didn't seem to faze him as he began to walk through Anya's attack asking.

" This sensation, these memories these are the ones from the time of Fumi's death leading up to my reunion with her. Could you blast me again maybe I'll get to remember the face of that demon who murdered my family leading me to be adopted by Yuuto sensei ? "

Which clearly terrified Anya since she knew that it being a shadowy attack should've also caused his movements to get restricted but there he was walking through it casually until Miyabi yelled.

" How dare you hurt my friends, haven't they gone through enough ? I'll restore every pain you've ever had to experience an see how you like it !!? "

Then Anya was hit by a blast of energy from all angles caused by Miyabi's ability and she started rapidly taking damage proving that Miyabi wasn't bluffing as she was slowly brought to her knees and her mechsuit fell apart.

Mikaru an Fukushima then charged at Kai working together as they punched a barrier Kai had placed between himself and them which even with all their combined strengths they couldn't break since this was a unique barrier that had cemented him as the untouchable king since it reflected any damage imposed upon it back at the perpetrators at double the original output.