CHAPTER 52 : THE LONG - AWAITED REUNION.

" Get up Mikaru I always thought that your mantra was 'cool guys don't cry' so what are you not cool now ? "

Fumi said approaching Mikaru and he desperately tried to hold back his tears not wanting the first thing that she remembered from their second reunion was him breaking down into tears again. Then the entire  academy shook and a look of sheer terror appeared on her face momentarily but she shook it off and puffed up her cheeks averted her gaze from Mikaru as she asked.

" Hmph, Woody you don't have anymore time to stop the demon from reclaiming his lost power, I told to hurry but now your only option left is to jump off this building and die. "

Hearing this Mikaru immediately became still and stopped crying because he was completely dumbstruck by how unbelievable her words were so he asked.

" Uh, I didn't quite catch that, could you say it again 'Fumi Akagi' ? "

Which caused her to panic so she explained her reasoning to him.

" It's not what it sounds like, don't get the wrong idea Woody, I wouldn't wanna see you die either but you see Eve handed me this book called the legendary Super Society which talks about him saying that if the demon reclaims his powers and attains physical form then all hope will be lost !!! "

But Kai chimed in saying.

" Well Jason and I just fought a demon and we were able to take him down although the difficulty was admirably high, Fumi your cute but I doubt someone like you know what us preterhumans are capable of especially since it's obvious that you don't go to school here since your not wearing our uniform or a E. N. Band although this is probably my fault since you were only able to enter the building because I ran low on preterhuman energy so my barrier around this place finally vanished. "

Mikaru then began to remember something that had happened when he first started attending the academy...

Ahmya and Fukushima both fell to the floor in the school hallways and Mikaru said reassuring both himself and Fukushima of what he was doing.

" My name is Mikaru Hyroyuki and I'm a complete gentleman a Hyro (hero). "

I'm living up to the promise that I made to my dad before he died 'become a hero that helps people not that I can, not that there's something in it for me but because that's what heroes do' while simultaneously living up to my master Yuuto Sensei's strong sense of right and wrong I guest I'm more like them than I thought after all they are my mentors.

And the silver haired girl then got up clenching her fist with the box and said with a harsh tone.

" Trying to play hero huh vermilion boy well you're wasting our time we all already know that heroes don't truly exist so stop wasting our time. "

And Fukushima hid the desperate look on his face by smiling as he said.

" So you really are a hero huh, this is the second time you saved me I thank you for that but your help is no longer required. If I fail here and now then the whole world might be in danger if the thing in that box is released. "

So Mikaru defended Fumi saying.

" Kai I know that you really don't think much of her especially since she died at the hands of K but her words shouldn't be doubted more so if you think that I'm strong since she's actually stronger than me since she's actually mastered the flow state although she needs to prepare first. "

When Kai heard this 'excuse' he cut to the chase and asked.

" So are you gonna jump off and die then ? "