CHAPTER 69 : BAD NEWS.

During this whole time Mikaru had headed to his mother who was currently stationed at his dorm room until further notice, and being alone in his dorm room with her he was asking and confirming everything from their past that he has saw in his father's memories.

After he had came to realize that it was all certainly true, and she revealed to him that Mikado had indeed planned on forfeiting his life when their battle concluded regardless of if he was the one to kill him Mikaru began to cry saying.

Mikaru : " I missed him so much, it hurts so why...? Why can't he just live for me, he has a choice, why didn't he choose me if he really loves me that much ? "

Mikaru's mother : " Even if it meant forsaking his honour as a hero ? "

Mikaru : " Yes if he'd still be be able to live !!! "

Mikaru's mother : " Even if it meant hurting others ? "

Mikaru : " If it had to be done in order for him to keep living !!! "

Mikaru's mother : " Even if it meant killing others ? "

Mikaru: " No matter what it takes !!! "

Mikaru's mother : " And what if your decision ends up being the wrong one in the end ? "

Mikaru's mother: " I won't let it happen, I'm not wrong, what's wrong is this messed up world so anyone who tries to take him from me will get no mercy. "

Mikaru's mother : " That kind of wanting is dangerous, it's not how the world works so if you continue to thread that path you may even end up like your father. "

Mikaru : " I disagree, we want to bring back someone who we love, he was a man that wanted to protect the world, these are all common things people might want, greed may not be good but it's not exactly that bad either. People always think that greed is just for money and power but everyone wants something they don't have. "

Mikaru's mother knew that she couldn't manage to change his mind at this point since he was simply as stubborn as his father was all those years ago, so noticing that someone had somewhat overheard their conversation she called out to them as they stood behind Mikaru at the door to his dorm.

" You're his friend right, so could you try talking to him ? "

Hence Mikaru turned around realizing that Fukushima was standing there at the door with a shocked look on his face, so exceedingly frustrated and unhappy with the current state of his situation Mikaru finally told Fukushima revealing to him that he had lost all hope and gave up on everything except for just one thing.

" Everything I'm about to tell you may appear to be a crazy person rambling but still it's the truth, all my life I've been training to take down the demon who've burnt down my home town, I've lived my life solely to avenge my parents, so I utterly can't stand being the one to have potentially caused one of their death, I can't stand it. "

Hearing that was no shock to Fukushima, for he had seen it all play out from Mikado's shared memories, so he stood there remaining quiet so Mikaru could continue to vent it all out to him, and that he did.

" Sure I've made a few friends along the way but the first of them died because I was far too stubborn and the second of which hardly was a friend at all considering that he stabbed me in the back after killing my first friend. Then I met you, someone who was willing to call someone like me who'd isolate himself and ignore those around him a friend, you were even willing to die for me but then again when I tried sharing one of my biggest secrets of having ReLife with you I learned that it was superficial and I was still all alone. "

Those words made Fukushima felt a bit of guilt because back then he truly thought Mikaru was only joking around so the implication that he really could come back from the dead in the past after dying starting sinking in as he began to wonder.