CHAPTER 17 : THE COURAGE TO FACE HELL !!!

( Mikaru Hyroyuki's P.O.V. )

Eve's smile immediately faded turning into a sad and depressed look as she asked.

" I can see that your overwhelmed with negative emotions about what happened but your not gonna let that stop you from going back and awakening are you ? "

She then got up from her chair and vanished and within an instant I felt her leaning my head into her breast as she whispered trying to reassure me, her voice sounded as if she was about to cry.

" I get it you still haven't come to terms with who your supposed to be as yet, I was so busy trying to get you to awaken until I failed to realize that your now Mikaru Hyroyuki. I don't know if doing this will make things any easier for you to cope with all the trauma I've caused but if it helps at all then I'll happily do it for you. "

But I pushed her away and attempted to punch her with Re : Muay Thai full force planning to beat her into submission and let her tell me everything she's been hiding, hopefully she'd tell me where the demon that destroyed my home town was.

But before I could land the punch I heard a familiar female voice that I haven't heard in a long while ask me.

" Are you so tired that you can't even see that it's me ? "

And I blinked feeling my vision getting foggy and my head felt as if it was spinning, but as quickly as it all started it all just stopped and I opened my eyes realizing that exactly where I was punching the girl standing before me was no longer Eve.

No way, I must be seeing things. This can't be she's supposed to be dead... Fumi ?

Fumi stood before me with an upset look on her face ?

Was this another one of that b!t€h's abilities or did she really bring back the real thing what's she trying to accomplish by doing this ?

" Mmmmh, were you really just about to break your promise to me just now Woody ? "

A girl asked who looked, acted and sounded just like Fumi so all I could do was stand there in disbelief slowly lowereing my fist and she seemed to have noticed just how mentally broken and tense I was because she quickly changed tune attempting to comfort me.

" Uh, you okay Woody or are you still mad at me for what I did ? "

There's no way that demon could've pulled off such an act with just Illusions and memory manipulation I'd be able to tell her phony acting a mile away after seeing how she handled Miyabi's body.

This was the real thing, the tears from earlier that I was holding in after dying crying in silence began to flow as I fell to my knees and she said crouching down and rubbing my head.

" It must've been really rough, I'm so terribly sorry. "

And I whispered trying to hold back the tears knowing that I probably wasn't gonna see her again and not wanting the last thing that she remembered from our reunion was her old friend breaking down into tears.

" Yeah it has been rough, it was so painful I was so sad and hurt over and over again. It hurt, it hurt so much until I thought I was going to die I was just so terrified but yet I still ended up dying. I tried so hard and yet I couldn't get things to work out, I was so desperate to save everyone I cared about and make everything turn out okay. But in the end it was far too late I was far too weak to save anyone. It's the truth I honestly haven't tried so hard for anything before in my life, I don't think I can even make things okay for anyone anymore. But they're precious to me they risked it all for me I can't just abandon them like that can I ? I really wanna save them I wanna save them all because I'm so scared of losing them all again. I just wanna make everything right again. I hate myself so much for failing them so much. "