Chapter 21 - The Talk

Padmé Amidala stand there watching her son, standing in front of her and she knew by the look on his face he was not happy.

"So you are alive," he said trying to entering in the home but Gregar put the hand on his chest, stopping him.

"You better leave," he told Luke who looked at him. He knew he was doing his job but he was not in the mood right now.

"Don't touch me," Luke told the guy.

"Gregar leave him. It is time for my son and I have a conversation," Padmé told him.

Nodding, Gregar step aside and let Luke entering, closing the door behind them.

"Can you leave us alone, please?" Padmé asked him and with nod he left the room, not before glare at Luke. "Please have a seat," she said sitting down.

Following her, Luke took a look on his mother. At 55 years old, Padmé didn't change much, except some white hair on her long brown hair, but she continue as beautiful as she always was.

Looking at her son, she couldn't help to see how handsome he was. He had the blue eyes and the blond hair from his father.

"I'm waiting for your explanation. Why did you pretend you were dead all of these years? Please explain."

Padmé sighed. She could hear the sadness but especially the disappointment in his voice.

"Luke, I know what you are feeling right now."

"Do you?" He told her. "Do you know how many times I wanted to be with you, imagine how it would feel like to have a mother. What you would think knowing that we won in the end? If you were proud of me and Leia? How many times I wish you could meet your grandchildren. And now I found out you were alive all this time and you didn't even bother to come to us, after the fall of the Empire," he said.

Padme let him talk. She knew he needed that.

"I know and you are right. And I don't blame you for hating for that."

"I don't hate you mother. I just wanted my mother by my side in the good but also in the bad times. Did you know I almost lost my wife and first born son, on our wedding day?"

"No, I didn't know that."

"Exactly. I had my sister and friends, but having a mother during that time would have being very nice too," Luke told her.

Padmé sighed and wipe the tears from her eyes

"You are right Luke. You are absolutely right. And trust me, I thought of you and your sister from the moment you were born. You have no idea how many times I wanted to just forget everything and go to you and Leia. To have my babies in my arms. But if I've done that, it would put both of you in risk."

Luke looked down. Deep inside he knew she did that to protect him and Leia. Being a father himself, he would do anything to protect his kids, but he didn't know if he could just left them.

"How did you do this? And where have you being all these years?"

"I've being in Polis Massa until this year. I couldn't be there anymore. I had to see the world and see you. So I decided it was time to leave and that was when your sister saw me in Naboo in my tomb."

"Did Ben know about this?" Luke ask.

"No. Only my closer servants. And other two people."

"Who?"

Padmé looked at him.

"Bail Organa and Ken Talia," she informed making Luke gasped at that.

"You mean my father in law knew all about you being alive all this time?"