Chapter 68 - Aunt and Niece

Ines was facing her niece Iris. For the couple days, the teenager wanted to learn how to combat like her aunt and mother now. Leia agreed that her daughter, since she was not force sensitive, at least needed to defend herself, and for Leia who else could trained her daughter, then her own aunt, who Leia knew was the best fighter she could know.

"Okay Iris, let's keep going," Ines said.

That day, the basic training was punching and kicking.

She was being doing that for the couple days and every time Iris was getting better and better. She was a fast learner and Ines was very proud of her niece.

They were in the living room, where Baby Luke was on his favorite place: his rocking chair that at the moment was bouncing up and down, which made him close his little blue eyes while sucking his pacifier and being watch closely by his two older sisters, who wanted to see their mother and their cousin training and imitate them every time they could, which made Ines and Iris laughed at the little girls.

"Again," Ines said.

Iris looked at her aunt and punch right, the left and then kick.

"Very good. Again, this time faster," Ines said and Iris repeated the same movements again and each and every time she did a little faster.

After around 15 minutes, Ines smile at the 12 years old.

"Nice. You are getting very good Iris."

"Really?" Iris asked trying to catch her breath.

"Didn't you notice that you've being kicking higher now, comparing to the last days," she smiled when the girl looked at her with wide eyes.

"I am?"

"Yes you are," Ines giggled and wrapping her arm around her niece shoulders, she looked at her little girls who were imitating her cousin, pretending to kicking and punching.

"I think you will have two more students pretty soon," Iris laughed at them. "Are you going to teach them too, right?"

"Yes I will. After all they will go to the Academy in a few years, so I will teach them for sure, just like I will the new students that will arrive soon."

"I wish I could be like you," Iris sighed making Ines pulled her towards her.

"You don't need to be force sensitive to be a great person. Your uncle already told you that years ago remember?"

"I know. Just like my father and Uncle Chewie."

"Exactly," Ines smile. "Come on let's drink something cause we deserve it," as they head to the kitchen and grabbing a natural juice of Shuura, Ines poor some inside two cups.

Looking at her niece she knew the girl had something in her mind to ask her

"So, how is everything with Kino?" she asked giggling when Iris cheeks turned red.

"Not you too aunt Ines," Iris laughed.

"What? Don't tell me your father keeps bothering you about that?"

"You know how he is, but I have mother to always put him in place," Iris said making Ines laughed.

"I believe that for sure."

"But Kino and I are just friends, for now," she said smiling.

"He is good boy and a great Jedi. I know you two will go slow. After all you are still to young. Enjoy your life as much as you can, before you start a relationship. You two have your whole life in front of you."

"Like you and uncle Luke, who only started dating 3 years after you two met?"

"Yes and look at us now. Married for 6 years and with 4 kids and I couldn't be more happy. And so were your parents," Ines smile ad they head to the living room and sat down on the couch, watching Luke who was not sleeping peacefully, while his sisters were sitting on the floor playing with their dolls.

"Aunt Ines, may I asked you something?"

"Of course you can," Ines said.

Looking at her cup, Iris sighed.

"Do you still think of your parents and brother, right?"

Ines frown at that question, but nod.

"Yes I do. I think of them all the time. But why are you asking me that?"

"Do you still remember them clearly? Like how they look like or their voice?"

Ines sighed. She knew now why Iris was asking her that.

"Yes I still do. But it is okay if you start to have some difficulties to remember how your brother Joel's voice, or how he looked. After all I lived longer with my family than you sweetheart."

"I know. Sometimes I really want to remember his voice but with that it is starting to get more difficult. And I fell bad. He is my brother after all."

"Yes he is. But Iris, you were 7 when he died. You were still very young so it normal that with time some memories will start to fade away. But that doesn't mean you stop caring about him or love him. I'm sure he understands that."

"I wish he could see me now."

"I'm sure he is very proud of you and very happy," Ines smiled.

"He almost killed you and Ben, didn't he?" Iris asked, making Ines gasped at that.

"How did you find that information?"

"I heard my father and Uncle Luke talked about years ago." she said. "I'm sorry."

"Hey," Ines said pulling her towards her. "You don't have to say sorry. You didn't nothing wrong and I don't blame your brother either. This was someone else fault and she is dead now."

"She died the same day my brother's."

"Yes. But your brother died as a hero. You should be proud of him sweetie."

"I am. I know he save Wedge" Iris smiled

"Yes he did and now you are a Skywalker and a Solo no matter what people may say to you. Look at your mother. She was taken by the Organa too. Besides your parents love you and your brothers too."

"I love them too. I love all of you. Even those two little demons that make my nerves going off the roof sometimes." she said making Ines laughed.

The door opened and Anakin and Bail entered, and ran towards their big sister and hugged her.

"Iwis," they said.

"See, but I wouldn't change them for anything. I love them too much," she said pulling her twin brothers closer to her and kissed them.

"They're too cute and when you get older and you start a family of your own, I'm sure you will raise your kids like your parents raise you. Trust me."

"I'm sure they would love their grandchildren and be very proud of the great Jedi you've become, aunt Ines."

"Thank you," she said. "Well tomorrow we will continue the training. Now it is time for giving these two a bath, right girls?"

The twins looked at her and pout.

"This will be fun," Ines said at her niece who laughed before grabbing her brother's hands and left.

"Come on, move it," Ines said laughing when the girls lay on the floor. Yes she wish her parents were here to see her right now.

Ines is training Iris how to fight just like her father taught her when she was 7 years old.