Chapter 41 - The bad news

Ines was sitting on the couch, with her legs resting on a small puffed chair, with baby Luke on top of the breastfeeding pillow, happily sucking on her left breast, while her twins were sitting, next to her, on each side, watching their baby brother, while Ben was standing up near her.

"Wuke has no haiw," Alli said pointing to her brother's head, making Ines giggled at her daughter.

"Yes he has. But his hair is so light that it looks like he is bald, but he is not," she said looking at her.

"That means he will have blond hair?" Ben asked her.

"Probably yes. Lighter than your sisters for sure."

"I have your hair color," he smiled at her mother.

"Yes you have and you know what? I love seeing your brown hair because it makes your blue eyes pop out more." she said running her right hand on his hair smiling.

"His hungwy," Padmé said on Ines right side smiling seeing her baby brother sucking her mother's breast, to the point he stop to rest and catch his breath and then resume sucking, making Ines giggled at her baby boy.

"Yes he is. He looks like you when you were like this size too." she smiled, stroking her daughter's blonde hair.

"Me too mama?" Alli asked her, making Ines looked to her left.

"You took the longest time. Like slow, on your own pace," she smiled.

"And me mommy?" Ben asked.

"You loved eating that's for sure. But you also took your time," she smiled.

The door opened and Amidala entered.

"Gandma," Padmé ran towards her, making Amidala picked her up.

"Hey beautiful," she said kissing her cheek and sitting next to Ines.

"Wuke is hungwy," she said pointing to her brother who continue to eat his meal.

"I see that." she said smiling. "How are you dear?"

"Doing fine and as you can see this little fella is better than me, having his stomach full," she looked down at her son, holding his little left hand that he grabbed right away.

"Where is Luke?" she asked.

"He went to the Temple with Grogu. We decided that I stay at home for the next week or two, just to rest a little. And I agree with him."

"He cares about you two."

"He is so happy. We decided to put the crib in our bedroom, at least for the next month, and then we put him in his own bedroom. The first two nights, he kept checking on him to see if he was breathing. Something he never did with the kids before."

"I'm sure it was because of the birth. Knowing your baby is suffering it is scary."

"I know, trust me. But now he is more relax. When Alli was taken, he didn't left her side for one second. He is an amazing father."

The baby then moved his head, indicating he was satisfied.

"Oh you are done baby?" Ines said, while she covered her breast and putting a rag over her left shoulder, she bend the baby, and slowly tap his back helping him to burp, while Alli was near him smiling.

"I wish I had the opportunity to breastfeed them," Amidala said.

"It something I love to do, every time. It is only us and the baby, nobody else." Ines said. "What they did to dry it?"

"They gave me some medicine that would help it, but until it start to work, sometimes I woke up with clothes wet from the milk that rose during the night."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Ines told her until they heard a burp, that made the kids laughed.

"You need to say sowy," Padmé said.

"He can't say sorry cause he can't speak, duh," Ben said to his sister who frown at her brother.

The door opened and Dan came into the room, and knowing her brother so well, she knew by the look he gave to her, that something happened.

"Hey." she said to him.

"Hey sis," he replied coming to her and kissing her forehead.

"What is it?" she asked him.

"Is Luke here?" he asked looking around.

"No, he got back to the Temple with Ahsoka. Why?" she asked.

"I need to talk to him, that's why," he said.

"Dan, I'm your sister for 28 years. I know you when something happened by looking at your face. What's wrong?"

Dan looked at his baby sister. She knew him too well for him to ever try to hiding something.

Sighing, he sat on the table in front of her couch and looked at her and to Amidala.

"I didn't tell the Senate yet. I got the news and the first person I thought was my brother in law."

"Dan, it is okay. Later you can tell the Senate. But what do you know," Amidala told him.

"I just some disturbance news."

"Disturbance news?" Ines asked her brother.

"I got a distress call."

Ines and Amidala looked at each other.

"A distress call? What kind of distress call?" she asked her brother.

"And from where?" Amidala asked him too.

"I didn't have time to do the coordinates yet. Today I was in my office. And then I heard it. A mayday, that someone was being attacked and I tried to contacted them but I couldn't because I didn't heard from them since. I know I should have continue to try and see from here it came from, but you know what I thought, right?" he said looking at his sister.

"You think Thrawn is behind this attack."

Dan nod.

"The questions is. Where this attacked happened and whom they attacked," Amidala said, making everyone looked at each other in silence.

"Luke and Ahsoka need to know about his right away" Ines said.

She feared that this was the sign that everything was about to change for sure.

So an attacked happened? Who, where and why? Do you think they will find out more about it?