Chapter 64 - Kashyyyk

The ships got out of lightspeed after 24 hours of trip and in front of them there it was Kashyyyk

With no axial tilt and a perfectly circular orbit, Kashyyyk experienced one continuous season. It was composed of a molten metallic core, rocky mantle, and a silicate rock crust.

The planet had four continents, making up 40% of the surface, which were mostly covered in lush, wroshyr tree-filled forests, which were several kilometers high. The planet did have a small amount of desert region in the rain-shadow of its small mountain ranges as well as large plains including the Woolwarricca region.

A tropical ocean belt contained archipelagos and long coral reefs. In addition, a few sandy beaches could be found along the shores of its oceans.

The Kashyyyk coastlines were lined with a brownish-white sand and thick grasses. Kashyyyk highest peak was Korrokrrayyo Mountain.

As the ships entered in atmosphere and after a while landing in the landing platforms, they all got out of the ships.

"What good memories we got from here," Han said his family approached them.

"You are right. It is being 9 years since we were here and it feels like nothing changed," Ines said holding a sleeping Luke on her arms. The baby sleeping peacefully, sucking his pacifier, while the twins were both holding their father's hands, looking around.

Ben looked around loved it already.

"Aunt Ahsoka look," he pointed at the top of the trees, where the houses stood up.

Picking the 5 years old up, Ahsoka smiled.

"It is pretty cool, isn't it?" she asked him.

"Yes it is," the boy nodding.

"I knew uncle Chewie before and I fear many times for him and his family and friends during the Empire, especially when the news of the Imperial subjugation of Kashyyyk had spread to the news bulletins," she said looking at Chewie who growled. "You were always a great friend to me Chewie."

"Where are we going now?" Dan asked his sister and brother in law.

His question was answered when Chewie growled and waving his arms, he ran towards another Wookiees who were coming in their directions.

When Chewie reached them, they hugged each other for a while.

"Mama who that?" Ani asked Leia.

Picking her 3 years old son, Leia smiled to him.

"That my love is uncle Chewie wife Malla and his son Lumpawaroo," she answered him, laughing when the little boy looked at him with a shock expression on his face.

"Chewie has a wife and son?" Iris said. "Since when?"

"Since like a long time ago kid," Han said picking Bail too and looking at his daughter.

"I didn't know that either," Ken said who smiling at his baby sister who at 2 years old now, she was very close to her older brother, who loved her very much.

Chewie and his family were walking back to them and when Malla saw the Skywalkers and the Solos, she was so happy to see all of them.

"Hello Malla. It is so good to see you too," Luke smiled adjusting Alli on his arms, who kept looking at them.

Talking to them, Malla and Lump looked happy for them there for the whole summer time.

Looking at the small kids and to them, Malla started talking all happy.

"What is she saying?" Gracy asked, since her and Dan were still having trouble to know their talk.

"She is happy for us and for the fact that we have a beautiful family," Leia smiled looking at her Ani, who was smiling to the Wookiee with his big blue eyes.

"Aunt Mawa," he said giggled at his mother.

"That is right," she said kissing his cheek.

"You know, Malla here always knew that Ines and I had feelings for each other since the moment she saw us, back when we came here to spend Life's Day." Luke smiled at her, making Malla nod. "And you were right and look at us, married with 4 beautiful children."

Malla smiles at the kids and then looked at the other ones.

"Oh how rude of us. Let me introduce our family," Ines said. "That is my brother Dan and my sister in law Gracy. And those are my nephew and niece: Ken and Zena."

Malla hugged them and smiled at the kids. Ken smiled back. He liked Chewie family already, holding his sister in her arms who pointing at them.

"Chew," she said.

"No Zena, that is not Chew. Is Malla," Ken replied to her.

"And that is mine and Leia's mother: Padmé Amidala and our dear friend Ahsoka Tano," Luke introduce

"It is so nice to meet you all and I can't thank you enough to let us stay here for a while," Amidala smiled at Malla.

"It is an honor to meet my dear friend Chewie's family," Ahsoka nod too.

"And these are our kids," Han smile. "I know, me a father but people's change Malla," he said making the Wookiee laughed at him. "This is Iris and Anakin and Bail," he said

"Say hi to Malla and Lump."

"Hi," the boys wave at them, making Malla aww at the kids.

"It is so nice to meet you," Iris said. "We love uncle Chewie, so that means you are our aunt Malla," she 12 years old said and hugged Malla, who was so happy with that.

"And these are Ben, Padmé and Alli and that is our baby Luke," Luke said smiling at his kids.

Malla smiled at the kids, especially at the new baby who continue to sleep peacefully on Ines's arms.

Malla then talked to Chewie who nod and waving at them, she show them to follow her.

"Let's go then," Han said.

Dan looked at her niece Padmé

"Do you want to ride on uncle's shoulders?"

"Yes," the little girl smile and picking her she was happy to be way high as they all climbed the many sets of stairs to the top of the trees.

"Wow look at this view," Amidala said as Malla showed to them in which house they would be.

Then Karasshki, the Wookiee female chief appeared to welcome them.

"Thank you for your hospitality Chief," Luke spoke while Karasshki nod.

"Well maybe we should get inside and settle the kids down, and then grab the luggage and some things we brought." Han said.

Chewie growled alongside with Lump indicating they would help them.

"Thanks buddy," Han said to his old friend.

Malla spoke to Chewie who nod at her.

"What?" Dan asked.

"They expect rain for the next weeks. It is rain season here, so we better hurried to get everything ready."

"Then let's go," Luke said and they all went to each of their tree houses, to check how it was inside, before the guys brought their belongings, just in time the first drops of rain start to fall.

They all arrived in Kashyyyk. Let the adventure begins in the Wookiee planet.