Chapter 98 - Emotional News

They all arrived at the Naberries house, and they all helped them to settle down to their rooms.

The kids would be the their rooms, Luke and Ines showed Dan and Gracy where they would be stay for the past weeks.

"This is nice." Gracy said, watching Zena, while the two years old followed her cousins to eat some the delicious cheese that the Naberries has.

"Wait fo me!" she told to them while ran behind them, making the adults smile at scene.

"She is getting so big." Ines said as her niece left the room.

"Well time flies." Gracy smiled, looking at her nephew Luke, who she was holding after waking up from his nap. "After all, look at this cutie. You are also getting so big." she laughed when the baby smiled and babble at his aunt.

"And how are you, Luke?" Dan asked looking at his brother in law. "We were all happy to know that finally you got back."

Luke sat down and nod.

"I'm sorry for the worries I put you all through. But I got my memory back, and..." he said grabbing Ines hand and kissing it. "I will be okay, besides I have the best wife in the world. And the cutest kids ever, and I'm very proud of them."

"You scared us to be honest." Gracy said.

"I know. And I should have known to be careful in Jedha." Luke nod in agreement.

There was a moment and silence, and Dan looked at his wife and then to his sister and brother in law.

"Okay, you already showed us the house, settle us in. I think it is time for you guys tell the motive you also wanted us here." he said to them, making Ines looked at her husband. "What is it?"

"Yes Ines. Something is up." Gracy told agreeing with her husband.

She knew Ines for so long, and she knew when her sister in law had something that she really wanted to tell, but she didn't know how to do it.

"What is going on? Are you sick or something?" Dan asked her.

"No. I'm not sick and it is nothing bad. Actually it is the way around." she replied to her brother.

"Then why it seems you two are concerned to tell us?" he continued.

"Because I don't know how to tell this, and your reaction." she answered.

Dan frown and looked at his wife.

"My reaction?"

Ines sighed and Luke hold her hand.

"We better tell them. The sooner the better."

"You are right." she nod looking at her brother. "What I'm about to tell you, may will shock you, but we need to be calm." she started.

"Ines, please just tell us." Gracy spoke.

"Dan, our father. He is alive." she finally spoke, making Dan frown and Gracy gasped at the news.

"What did you say?" Dan asked his little sister and looked at Luke, who nod at him. "How? Where?"

"Just calm down. We will tell you everything." she started and for the past minutes, she and Luke told them about the man at the market, that everyone called Jewels and how Luke discovered he was in fact Ken Talia, his father in law.

After listened everything carefully, Dan stood up and started walking back and forth in his bedroom, while Gracy stood sitting, still not believing what she had heard.

"Are you sure it's him?" she asked after while.

"I am sure, Gracy." Luke answered her.

"And I got that feeling since the moment I saw him. I know it is him." Ines nod.

"Why we didn't know about this?" Dan said stopping and facing them.

"Poor man, be in captivity and torture all of those years." Gracy said sadly.

"That is why he acts like a crazy man, but it is just a way that his mind found to protected him from those horrible moments. Because he has lucid moments. I saw one of those. And that is how I knew he was who I suspected he was." Luke told them.

"We need to get him and be with us."

"Of course we will, but we need to do this calmly, Dan." Ines told him.

"Yes. We can just go to him and tell just like that. It can make it worse." Luke replied too.

"But we can't leave him here." Gracy said.

"Of course we wont. Now that we found him, I want him with us." Ines said. "But we need to tell him the right way. That is why I want you here too."

Dan sat down, and grabbed his sister's hand.

"Our father is alive." he smiled with tears in his eyes. "But our mother is dead."

"Yes, she is. We lost her and lost Edmar. We will not lose our father. I hope he can handle it."

"I'm here with you sis." Dan said.

"And I'm here too." Luke said too.

The kids entered in the room and Alli got closer to her mother.

"Hey sweetie. What are you eating?" Ines smiled at her daughter.

"Cheese." the little girl replied.

"It is good." Padmé said, while Ben helped his cousin Zena with her piece. "Here Papa!" she said handling a piece to her father, who took it and smiled.

"Thank you sweetie!" Luke smiled and sat her on his lap.

"Mama!" Alli looked at Ines. "Awe we take gandpa?"

Ines looked at her daughter and then to her brother and looking back to Alli, she smiled. "Yes, we will"

Ben looked at them.

"Grandpa is alive?" he asked them.

"Yes, he is and mommy and uncle Dan will get him back." Ines replied to her son. "And he will need our help."

"I will help mommy in everything he needs." Ben said

"And I will give kisses." Alli said

"Me too!" Padme said right away.

"Well our father will be spoiled for sure." Dan said smiling.

"He will. But let's get dinner." Luke said and nodding, they all went to the dinning room, before talking how they will approached their father, and how he would react at the news.

So Dan already knows that his father is alive. How do you think the encounter between father and kids will go?