Chapter 82 - To Much To Deal

1 week later:

Luke was in the kitchen making breakfast. It had being a week since the incident and even if it sound difficult, he was trying to have a normal life, even if he still was in an apartment with a woman and 4 kids that everyone keep telling him it was his wife and kids, even if he still didn't remembered that.

It was a fact that his memory indeed was getting back piece by piece. The last week he did started to remember some parts like some parts of the Battle of Yavin; when they went to Hoth and the attack he suffered from the Wampa; Master Yoda and the training he had in Dagobah; the battle with Vader in Bespin; the rescue of Han from Jabba; and the talk with Leia about their father.

But still no memory of Ines and when they met and any feelings about her. And he knew that was making her feeling more desperate and he felt bad, because he couldn't control what he remembered or not.

He knew that he need to be on a place where he would be alone, so he could meditate and feel the force. So he had decided to go to Dagobah for a while. The problem was to say that to Ines and the kids, but he already made his mind about it.

The kids entered in the kitchen with Grogu right behind them, as usual.

Ben looked at the table and then to his father, which made Luke looked at the 5 years old boy and stopped in his tracks.

"Good morning. Why don't you have a seat while I serve the breakfast to all of you and then to your mother?"

"Why you did breakfast?" he asked him

"I thought it was a good idea. I even made Wyvern Bread for her." Luke smiled making the twins looked at their older brother.

"Mommy doesn't like that bread." he replied to him.

"Oh." Luke said looking at the table and then at the kids. "I thought she liked it"

"No she doesn't. I'm the one who liked that bread, not her." he looked at Luke who looked at Padmé who was looking at him shaking her head and with her hands on her hips.

"Oh Papa!" she said to him.

Luke had to hold a laugh. Indeed the twins were sweet girls and sometimes they act and say things that made him laugh. He wish he could remember them sooner.

"Just go have a sit and eat your breakfast Alli." he said making the little girl frown.

"That is Padmé. Alli is already sitting by the table. As their father you should know that." Ben said and turned around he left the kitchen.

Luke had enough and followed the boy towards the living room.

"Hey your mother already warn you that I don't have any memory of you. So it is not my fault."

Ben stopped and looked at his father

"And you are even trying to remember us." he said with his eyes filled with tears, that made Luke heart twist in pain, even if he didn't understand why he felt that way, but he didn't want to hurt the kids.

Sitting down, Luke looked at Ben.

"I'm trying."

"You should try harder." Ben said wiping the tears from his face. "You remembered some parts, why you don't remember us and mommy?"

"I don't know Ben. I really don't"

"You promise you would never leave us and never leave mommy. That you would take care of us. But for the past week mommy is being crying, even if she pretends that something entered into her eye, but I know she is sad. Alli doesn't smile anymore, Padmé not even wants to play. We want our daddy back and it feels you are not even trying." the boy said and before Luke could say something, Ben left the room.

"Ben!" Ines called him and then looked at her husband while she was hold baby Luke, who was looking at his parents sucking his pacifier. "I'm sorry Luke. He just needs time"

Luke stood up and looked at Ines.

"I understand his feelings, I really do, but I can't control what I remember or not. I'm sorry."

"You don't have to say sorry. The doctor said that your memory will started to come up little by little. Is just he misses you. And so do the twins." she said to him. "And so do I to be honest"

Luke looked at her.

"Look, I agreed to be here. To try to live and act like the husband and the father that you all tell me that I am. I though that maybe being here, around you I would remember something and my memory would return." he said "But we already know is not working. And not only it makes me upset, it also makes you miserable."

"What are you trying to say?" Ines asked him.

"I went to the temple the other day and I heard Ben." he started. "He said that it was for the best if I go back to Dagobah."

"Dagobah?" Ines said "Why?"

"In a way it was there that I learned more about the force, and I need to have my mind at peace. Just me and the force. It is for the best." he said. "Staying here will only make me more frustrated and it can make me not remember anything for a long time."

"Ben told you to go to Dagobah"

Luke looked at her and nod.

"It is the best option right now."

Ines sighed and looked at her baby on her arms.

"For how long?"

"I don't know. It could be a week or weeks." he replied to her. "I will return."

"The question is will you return at the Luke we all know or this Luke? And what happened if you still don't remember us?"

"I don't know. Just trust me on this. If Ben tells me to go there, maybe is the will of the force for me to be there for a while."

Ines looked at Luke. If Ben told him that, maybe it was for the best. She only hoped the next time she would see him, it was her husband again, because if he still didn't remember her, she would have her heart broken.

So Luke will go to Dagobah for while. Do you think he will remember everything while he is there?