Chapter 58 - The Best of My Life

Later that day, after dinner, Luke and Ines cleaned the kitchen, while the kids where, already in their pajamas, waiting for the time to go to bed, while baby Luke was in his bouncing chair, still awake, sucking his pacifier and looking at his siblings and Grogu, that were near him playing with him, while being watch closely by their father who smiled at the scene, while Ines were putting the plates inside the washing machine.

"Come on you guys, go brush your teeth before go to bed," Ines said to them.

"Ben help your sisters, please!" Luke asked his son, who looked at him.

"Okay," he said looking at his twin sisters. "Come on girls."

"Come Gogu," Alli called him, smiling when the Child followed her right away.

"Thank you," Luke said as they went inside, leaving him with Ines and their baby boy.

Resting against the kitchen table, Luke was looking at Ines, who was putting everything in place, inside the kitchen cabins, her hair falling down her back.

Turning back, she looked at him.

"What?" she asked smiling.

Grabbing her hands, he pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I was just remembering everything we went through for the past 10 years. How my life was completely different during that time and a simple thing as buying two droids from Jawas, made it turn in 180 degrees." he said running his fingers on her hair. "That the girl who pulled me over alongside with Ben, who had a face cover with a hood, would be years later my wife and would give me 4 beautiful children!"

"I can say the same thing. One minute I was in Alderaan doing my exercises, then minutes later I was heading to Tatooine, a planet that I never had being before, after a Jedi that I only heard from the stories my father use to tell when I was kid. Never in my life I would imagine that in that planet was the father of my children. I didn't even imagine I could have children," she replied, giggled when they heard baby Luke, babble on his bouncing chair, moving his little legs and arms, indicating that soon he would want to eat.

"Yes, the 5 of you are the best of my life. You know that. And in four years we will be married for 10 years now. And I want to marry you again."

Ines looked at him.

"You mean renewed our vows?"

"Why not. I want to show the galaxy how much I want to spend the rest of my life with you." he said. "Will you accept marry me again in 4 years?"

Wrapping her arms around his neck, she smiled.

"I will marry you every day of my life Luke." she said, "I love you."

"I love you more," he replied and putting his right hand on the back of her neck, he pulled her into a deep kiss, that Ines accepted, melting in his arms.

Then they heard a giggled and a whispered.

"Don't make noise Gogu. Mama and Papa awe kissin," Alli said putting her index finger in front of her lips.

"And we can hear you young Lady," Luke said, pulling apart and looking at the entrance of the kitchen, where his twins and Grogu were, giggling as they watch their parents kissing.

Then little Luke, dropped his pacifier and started to whimp until it turn into a cry.

"Oh Wuke is cwying," Padmé said approaching her baby brother and kissing his little hands.

"He is hungry," Ines said.

"Oh, I know the fewing Wuke," Alli said to the baby who was crying.

Picking up the baby, Ines rocked him gently.

"I know. Mama will feed you soon," she said kissing his forehead.

"And all of you will go to bed," Luke said clapping his hands. "Move it."

"Hey where is my goodnight kiss," Ines said crouching and smiling when her twins and older son came to her and hugged her and kissed on the cheek. Even Grogu hugged her, which made Ines smiled. "Goodnight to you too sweet Grogu."

"Let's go. Ben get ready cause daddy will go tuck you in after I put your sisters and Grogu to sleep," he said and kissing Ines, he followed their kids.

****************

Pulling the covers aside, Luke let his daughters get in bed, and covered them, he tuck the little girls in, before kissing their forehead.

"Now be a big girl and stay in your beds." he said looking at them smiling.

"I will twy but I can pomise," Alli said making Luke laughed and lean down he kissed her cheek, doing the same with Padmé.

"Papa and Mama love you both so much. You and your siblings are the best thing I have made in my life. And I promise nobody will ever hurt you and your brothers."

"Okay," Padmé said

"Goodnight," he said and reaching Grogu, he covered him. "Goodnight Grogu."

"Goodnight Papa," Padmé said.

"I wove you Papa," Alli said smiling at him.

"I love you too. Both of you," he said before turn on the light, leaving only a presence light and close the door, heading to Ben's bedroom, who was already in bed, waiting for him.

Reaching his son, he tucked him too and sitting on the bed he smiled at him.

"You know, it was thanks to you that the mean Lady wasn't able to entered in the Archives."

"It worked, right?" Ben asked smiling

"Yes it did." Luke smiled back. "Your mother and I are very proud of you," and leaning down he kissed his forehead.

"Daddy, when I get older I will be a great Jedi and I will take care of you, mommy, my sisters and brother."

Luke smiled at the 5 years old boy.

"I'm counting on you to watch over your siblings," he said "But until then, let's sleep, okay."

"Okay," he said

"Goodnight my son. I love you."

"I love you too daddy," Ben replied, before turned to his right and closed his eyes.

Standing up, Luke tapped R2 before leaving the bedroom and heading towards his.

The moment he entered, Ines was putting their baby boy inside his crib. The little boy had fall asleep during his meal, and after burp, she put in, knowing that soon he would want more.

"So are they asleep?" she asked him.

"Yes. The four of them," he replied approaching the crib and looking at his baby, "I mean the five of them," he said and looking at Ines, he kissed her shoulder. "Which made me thinking..." he started.

Ines looked at him giggled.

"Did you lock the door this time Skywalker?"

"You bet I did," he said and pulling her into a kiss, he picked her up and head to their bedroom, enjoying a night of love for the first time in a long time.

I thought it was a good time, just to have a sweet moment between the Skywalker family and Grogu.