Chapter 91: Shattered Dreams

*Eli's P.O.V*

Just like everyone else, I was expecting to head to Miyagi-Do to find out who will take the last spot for the Sekai Taikai team. But when we got there, it seems that Mike Barnes had a different plan. He ended up telling us to go to the woods and how there is one flag deep in the woods and whoever captures it will be the sixth member. It's between myself, Demetri, and Kenny.

It's definitely a challenge but I'm willing to win. I want to go to Barcelona.

So I got out of the portable bathroom and I was ready for the challenge to start. I had complete focus and I even got a pep talk with Amy before we ended up at the woods. She says to me that I got this and she's going to be rooting for me the entire time. It makes me smile to know that I have her support. It helps out a lot.

As soon as I was out of the bathroom, Demetri was sitting on a rock, looking at his phone.

I grabbed a water bottle before Demetri said, "Whoa. Dude, are you seeing this? MIT is completely revamping the robotics program. I mean, this is monumental, this is-.. Wait, are you not signed up for the RoboTeam email?"

Him still talking about MIT makes me feel guilty. I hate this.

"The race for the RoboCup begins the moment we step foot on campus, Eli. We have to-"

I stopped him from talking. "I didn't apply."

"Whoa. What?" He stood up and faced me.

"Look, I'm really sorry. I wanted to tell you sooner-"

"Sooner? We've wanted MIT ever since we were kids, babies even."

"I just want to keep my options open. After we went to that frat party, I-"

"Whoa! You wanna go to school with Kyler?" He asked.

"What? No, no. God, no. The party just made me realize there's a whole world out there. And I still might apply to MIT but later."

"Does Amy know?" He then asked.

"I haven't told her yet."

"So you're keeping secrets from both your best friend and girlfriend? That's one way to prove you're a moron."

"I don't appreciate the condescension." I tell him, "And don't bring Amy up in that kind of way."

"I can do whatever I want."

"And this is what makes you a control freak." I snapped, "Your obsession with MIT is so damn annoying and it's getting on my nerves."

"Annoying.." Demetri huffed, "Well, I promise to not annoy you anymore. Does that sound good?"

"No.." I started to say but he was already starting to walk away.

That didn't go well at all. Now he hates me.

I turned to the side to see Amy talking to Sam and Tory. I still have to tell her about how I didn't apply to MIT. She could either be supportive or act in the same way Demetri just did. I'm hoping that she's supportive though. She's always been by my side through everything so I'm hoping she actually takes the time to listen to what I have to say when it comes to it. I can only hope.

Soon enough the challenge would start.

I walked to where Demetri and Kenny were and I stood in place, waiting for further instructions.

"Go, Eli!" I heard Amy cheering for me.

Standing next to Demetri while he was angry, it kind of worried me a little bit. Usually it would be the other way around.