Chapter 86: A Johnny Lawrence Thing

*Amy's P.O.V*

Arriving at the dojo today, Sam and I had a new mindset. We were feeling pretty good about ourselves after last night. Where we had talked things out with Tory and really made amends this time. We're friends, and we can be competitive now without the actual urge to hurt one another. There's nothing wrong with having competition.

"So we're fighting Tory today?" I looked at my cousin.

"I think we got our problems out of our system.." She said, "Now we can fight without having too much worry."

"Yeah, I agree."

"It's what Johnny would want."

Sam does have a point. Johnny wants us to have our edge back but without any real hostility. I believe the slumber party did help with that even though our sensei did go about it the wrong way.

While I'm standing here with my cousin, I looked ahead as I could see Eli entering the dojo. I still have his phone with me so I'll be sure to give it back to him. But I know how ready I am to talk to him. And I mean really talk to him. I don't need to get defensive without hearing him out. I just need to listen to him.

"Are you alright?" I heard Sam ask me.

"Just thinking about Eli." I told her.

"Haven't talked to him yet?"

"No." I shook my head. "But I will today."

"I'm sure he wants to talk to you too."

"I know. We both have been taking time to ourselves and now we should have the conversation without it getting heated."

I don't wanna fight with Eli. I love when we're able to be on the same page about stuff and we're able to talk things through. But sometimes relationships aren't perfect. Things happen and it's our own doing in figuring out what to do.

"Oh.." Sam patted my arm. "Tory's here."

She was right, Tory had arrived at the dojo in her karate gi and she immediately walked over to us. She's ready for today and I'm glad.

"Ready to fight?" Tory asked us.

"We are." I answered. "Are you?"

She nodded. "I'm ready."

"Are we waiting for Johnny or?" Sam asked.

"I would think so." I said.

But Johnny is nowhere to be found right now. Where is he? But we were able to see Devon at the dojo. Our blonde sensei should be around here somewhere. He keeps wanting us to fight and he isn't here to get us started. Maybe we could stretch and then get started, Johnny will show up when he arrives.

We warmed up a little bit so that we wouldn't have trouble. It's important to stretch before any kind of karate training. So we warmed up for a good five minutes before we decided to start fighting.

"Who first?" Tory asked.

"You and Sam can go first." I said, "Then I'll fight you after."

"Good idea, Amy." Sam said as she started to walk onto the sparring deck.

Just as Sam and Tory were on the sparring deck and they had bowed to each other before getting into their fighting positions, that's when Johnny arrived with Devon by his side. He's ready to see how it goes and that's a good thing. He wants to see this and he should be getting the chance to. He's been trying to get this to happen since yesterday.

Tory went for two punches right away but Sam dodged out of the way. My cousin would duck as Tory would swing her arm and when she would come back up, she would send a kick to her but Tory had managed to block it.