Chapter 3 : Piercing blue eyes

That couldn't be possible.

Seriously ? The only person I jostled sat just next to me ?

I had a look at his paper. He was left handed and his writing was messy, many ink stains were dirtying his crumpled paper, and his results were sometimes good, sometimes – most of the time, to be honest – totally false.

Just as all the athletes, isn't it ? Pretty but brainless.

He was wearing a marine blue shirt with the logo of the University, a black trouser and a pair of running shoes – Nike if I saw it well. His hair was still wet, tied in a low ponytail by a blue hairband – the exact same color as his eyes –, two bangs circling his face, and I could see a piercing on his pointy ear – blue rings, of course.

Definitely not my type. Long hair, pierced, idiot, and worst than everything : an athlete.

Father always told me athletes were mean and they would never deserve someone like me. And, well, I kinda agreed with him my whole life, finding them stupid, immature, not curious enough and, of course, not the kind of boys I could introduce to Father.

If I ever introduce someone to him.

I shook my head, and lowered my gaze to look at my own paper. I quickly noticed the huge bag that was lazily lying next to him. Another Nike one, black withits usual 'V', but that one wasn't white like the others, but in a deep shade of blue.

Probably his favorite color.

A name was written on it :Link. So, he should be pretty famous, or completely egocentric, to have his own name written on his own sports bag. Or maybe that was a sort of tradition in that college, giving a bag with the student's name on it, making sure they will keep practicing without losing their own stuff. Whatever, he was probably late because of a training or something. That would explain the bag, wet hair and probably why mathematics weren't his favorite discipline.

He noticed I was staring at him. I saw him hesitantly looking at me, furtively for first before he properly tilted his head, locking his eyes in mine.

I met his piercing blue eyes once more and I dove into them. I was entirely mesmerized by them, feeling the time getting slower as the seconds passed. They weren't like two saphires, but like two glaciers in the immense ocean, and I was the Titanic. I crashed against them and dove in their immensity. It felt so strange for me, it was like he could see all of my secrets, discovering the deepest part of me, the darkestparts of my soul, and like I always knew him at the same time.

He broke the eye contact, focusing on his own work, right before I realised I looked like a creep, staring at him that way. I felt my cheeks burning and my heart racing in my chest, and I tried my best to control my breath, slowering my beating heart and taming my running mind.

The second embarrassement of the day with the same person. Great Zelda, new record.

He didn't say anything, nor he looked at me. He just lowered his head, continued his exercises as if nothing happened while I hardly tried to stay concentrated.

My cheeks were burning, and I couldn't help but felt extremely akward next to him, unable to understand what he was thinking at this exact moment. He was so... quiet, calm, already moving to something else while I couldn't even think of something else. I was a shame, I was so ridiculous and that annoyed me so much.

Please Zelda, calm down. It's not the end of the world. Now, you know that you'll share a class with him for the rest of the year. Move on now, you have exercises to finish and a lesson to learn. Look at him, he's already over it. You have to do the same thing.