Chapter 92 : Happy Birthday pt. 2

Boys – and some girls – didn't stop courting me today, wishing me a happy birthday or giving me some unwanted gifts. Some of them were sincere, probably truly in love with me – which made me extremely uncomfortable – but others were only coveting my statute, my fortune and, for some of them, just the fact that I would be the ultimate trophy they could add on their list.

We were nearly fifteen thousands in that college, that was pretty obvious only few people knew I was with Link even though many people talked about it. But as we always did, we were still discreet together.

Of course, when we could spend time together, we acted like a real couple, but we weren't that kind of lovers who were constantly glued together and constantly kissing in public, avoiding us to spend time with our friends. So, that was logical many students thought our relationship was only a new rumor someone spreaded and not the truth, regarding how few times we were publicly together.

Seeing those boys flexing in front of me, hoping I would notice them quickly annoyed me. All of that because of those stupid articles that were cropping up all over the place, only portraying me as a rich and beautiful girl some boys should run after. Because, you know, being one of Hyrule's youngest discoverer who found a living-legend or just being HU's top class didn't matter. My fortune and plastic were more important than my dreams, my ambitions and my objectives in life.

I sighed while I was reading another dumb paper an independent media just wrote about me. 'Pretty', 'rich', 'treasure', 'hurry', 'first prize'.

Disgusting.

I sat on my chair, taking my laptop, my notebook and pen, hoping that lecture would help me to calm down. That was a wonderful day, of course, but those articles and boys' behavior were a huge dark cloud in that bright and blue sky.

But even being in class helped me get better.

First of all, because it wasn't truly interesting, and secondly because all the boys here kept giving me notes I didn't care of, or were trying to talk to me in a too flirty and lustful way. The only thing that helped me to stay calm was the perspective of the night I was about to spend with the only man I ever loved.

He already told me his training will end a bit late. Dorrah was still nervous about tomorrow – and I was too – so she obliged her fighters to train a lot this week. This next fight was extremely important for the school, because if HU was already reputed for its fencing and athletism scolarships, MMA wasn't one of its greatest strengths. Link already told me they started winning some contests when he joined the team.

And you still think you're not talented, Mr. Farore ?

I quickly took my phone and sent him a text, wishing him good luck for his next training and how impatient I was to see him tonight. Of course his answer didn't last long, a little Rumy saying 'I love you' before writing a cute 'I already miss you, I can't wait to see you tonight.' making me lighlty blush.

How is it possible to be that cute ?

I was walking along the main hall, nearly empty. All the students left the campus to go back to their dorms, getting ready for tonight's party at Sidon's. That will be the first party he will host with his roommates – some guys I didn't know because they were all in their senior year, but they were french, which explained why there was a party on thursday and not on friday – and, I admitted, I was a bit sad I couldn't go there tonight. It would have been fun, being there with the girls, my roommates and Gesane, but Link truly wanted to celebrate my birthday in our home, just the two of us.