Chapter 45 : Courage and recklessness

« It will never fit, Link. », I said, looking at his wardbrobe with despair.

« It will. », he said, full of confidence. « If we put your dresses here, and your t-shirts and trousers there, maybe... »

« Link... it's already full to breaking point. Maybe I can just let my clothes in my suitcase ? »

« Or maybe I can get the clothes I don't use out and we put them in your suitcase ? Ta-daa, space. », he chuckled.

« Okay, let's do it. », I surrendered after a moment of reflexion.

He selected the clothes he didn't want to wear anymore and put them on the bed while I was unpacking. Just like he said, my clothes fit in his little wardrobe and I admitted, it will be much more confortable than using my suitcase everyday.

I couldn't say the same thing for his clothes and my suitcase that gave us a hard time. I had to sit on it while he tried lock it several times before it finally got closed. A funny hard time to be precise, judging by the tears falling from my eyes and my painful cheeks.

« The Schrödinger's suitcase. », I laughed. « It's not exploding till we don't open it. »

« Just like this wardrobe. », he laughed too, pushing against its door to close it. « By Hylia it's finally closed ! »

« We did it ! », I said, high-fiving him.

« You must feel like home now, having your things here. », he said as he held me in his arms.

« I do. Thank you for everything. »

I turned my body, now facing him and I kissed him softly. His hands were slowly caressing my back and playing with my long hair.

« You really like my hair, don't you ? », I chuckled.

« I kinda like everything in you, but yeah, I love playing with it. It's so long and sweet. », he chuckled too, caressing my hair and placing a lock behind my ear.

« I like yours too. », I whispered, caressing one of his bang and playing with his ponytail.

Long hair, ears pierced, athlete,... Father shouldn't have liked him.

When he – rarely – talked about boys, he always told me to be with a good guy, a lawyer, a doctor or an economist, with short hair and no piercing or tatoo.

Someone like Laparoh.

I sighed and tried to keep him and his cowardice at bay. Of course Link saw me lost in thoughts and started to feel worry. I lied, telling him it was because of what happened at the Mansion, not ready to tell him how Laparoh let me die in the corridor, too afraid of Toruma to say something.

We laid on his bed, cuddling. I had a look at his wall, now covered by my pictures with Impa or Mother too. And, at the other end of the room, just next to his desk, were standing a big pile of books.

He's right. It really feels like home now.

« I should build a little bookcase for all of your novels. », Link mumbled. « I don't think that's really complicated. »

« You know we can buy one ? »

« I know. But I like crafting some furniture. », he chuckled.

« Really ? Did you already.. ? »

« I build many things. I helped to fix stable's roof when it was broken few years ago, I build a big doghouse for Mid, and I worked some summers as a carpenter when I needed money. »